Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
After several clumsy Sling-X-Bows, I wanted a compact plinking toy. A pistol!

Regarding the design, I always liked the Ruger MK2 .22 pistol. So I borrowed the grip/trigger look for my rubber based "competitor".

In order to have some amount of power, I turned the lock around (Stu's idea, in fact) and set for 45 cm (18") draw length (= total length of the weapon).

The trigger is really easy, just a lever that keeps the locks in place and releases them once the trigger is pulled. It is held back with a rubber band, this time it is not visible (under the lock plate).

The lock dowels are drilled off center, so that they are adjustable for different ammo size. Especially the small 8mm balls need very tight settings.

The three TB gold bands (2cm x 1,5cm x 11cm, effective length 8cm) are mighty hard to draw, about 12 kg draw weight.

The weapon shoots the 8mm steel ball with about 70 m/s, 230 fps. Not bad for the cold temperatures (freezing).

It is however more accurate with larger caliber ammo, maybe because the larger balls open the locks more evenly.

No video, it is already dark outside... maybe next week. This will give me time to make it nicer.

Jörg

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Ah! So that's why you've been buying all the small steel balls.

Acoustic attenuator? That's what the victim's mouth is for.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Now that is amazing, how much more fun than a rubber band gun. Well done Joreg

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have painted it black, attached rubber scales, even glued washers on in order to make them look the Ruger logos.

Optimized the fork as well, it is now a bit higher, for low powered shots (below 30% draw).

Here is the video:

Jörg

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys.

This will be a very successful video, I got 3,600 views within 24 hours.

But then again Kipkay already has almost 600,000 views on his silly slingshot tutorial within one week...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.