Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shirking my responsibility as a forum member by not showing off this fine slingshot I got from the Harpersgrace factory a month or so ago. I've been busy! Anyway, here it is:
y-ergo1.JPG

It's a pretty big fork but very comfortable to shoot. Scott has it banded up with some Tex latex cut 3/4" straight. Shooting it a bit this morning, I was struck by how much it reminded me of my favorite ergo slingshot: the Flatband "high grip" Ergo-
y-ergo2.JPG

Don't see the resemblence? Check out how they look from the shooter's point of view:

y-ergo3.JPG

y-ergo4.JPG

The natural has a bit of a dip on the top of the thumb-side fork that the thumb locks into, just like the Ergo. Likewise, the index finger wraps securely around the other fork. This shape, if you get a good one, is just as comfortable and repeatable (for consistent target shooting) as a good ergo boardcut.
Two great slingshots from two great guys, I reccomend both very highly!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thanks MJ for the write up, it's always nice to hear what people think of your work, The bands actually come from Gary, I've never tried Tex's flatbands but Gary's are a treat to shoot as I'm sure Tex's are as well.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Naturals come in every style imaginable. I always say that if you look hard enough you'll find whatever it is that you're looking for. Almost all my designs come from naturals I've found.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Two awesome ones!! In your hands, they gonna shoot beautifully. Do you know the wood on both??
Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
The natural is maple if I remember correctly

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like maple to me, too. The Flatband is a laminate of some sort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts