Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
The dark shooter is the one I shot with at the East Coast Tourny last year. It is Brazilian Walnut, sandwiching Oak. Back then it just had a linseed oil finish. After returning from the tourny, I hit it with poly, but it was an uneven finish. My poly skills have gotten better since then, so I sanded it smooth and refinished. Looks much better now.

The light colored one is a shooter I just finished. It is Kentucly Coffee Tree, sandwiching Brazilian Walnut. I'm not too crazy about it to be honest. To me, the Coffee Tree resembles Ash too much. Nothing against Ash, I just expected something different from the CT, I guess. Anyway...

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Man! Those are super fine forks!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Excellent Jim as always, they are just beautiful and the one that I have shoots great. Tex

·
Registered
88 Posts
Those are beautiful slingshots. I dont know which I like better. I'd have to shoot them to know.

·
Registered
484 Posts
they are great! awesome craftsmanship and awesome wood to! have u tryed several layers of lineseed oil? on walnut it looks like poly.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they are great! awesome craftsmanship and awesome wood to! have u tryed several layers of lineseed oil? on walnut it looks like poly.
Thanks!

You know what it came down too...is I wanted to completely protect this shooter. It's what I shot at the tourny last year and took 3rd place with. I didn't want ANYTHING to happen to it. But that's what I been doing with most of the shooters I make lately. I like them so much, that I want them to have a protective shell. I still do have a few shooters I rub down with linseed oil though.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are beautiful slingshots. I dont know which I like better. I'd have to shoot them to know.
I'll have them both at the Tourny.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Both real nice but you better be careful Bud,that dark one may find it's way into my car for the trip home!!!!!!!!!.Flatband

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
...I haven't shot that one in quite some time. The lite colored one has never been shot yet. Still applying finishing touches.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very nice!!!! Good luck at the Tourney!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts