Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be getting a bronze moorhammer at somepoint and want strong bands for it, so I was wondering if single full width thera band black down to 8 cm would be stronger than one inch wide double thera band gold with no taper? Your help will be really appreciated

Cheers, tom

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
so what do you plan on doing with it, strong bands come in different forms depending on how shot, ammo, style.......................................

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would prefer to shoot by my ear lobe at maximum draw length and shoot 12mm lead/14mm steel
Cheers, tom

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
There is a cut off point for ammo/band combo's if you find a nice taper size for the black it will be an easier/snappier draw. A starting point might be 10cm to 6cm at 24cm length in black. If I had enough then I would cut some and try for you

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
I may be getting a bronze moorhammer at somepoint and want strong bands for it, so I was wondering if single full width thera band black down to 8 cm would be stronger than one inch wide double thera band gold with no taper? Your help will be really appreciated

Cheers, tom
For that ammo, I'd go with straight TBG doubles or 25/20 TBG tapered doubles, your moor hammer would look like mc hammer with all that black theraband on it (think "hammer pants") and the black wouldn't be as efficient or durable as the gold.

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts

Cheers, tom
For that ammo, I'd go with straight TBG doubles or 25/20 TBG tapered doubles, your moor hammer would look like mc hammer with all that black theraband on it (think "hammer pants") and the black wouldn't be as efficient or durable as the gold.
[/quote]your way too young to know about mc hammer

·
2,089 Posts
I just look young. I owned his stuff on cassette tape!

·
2,089 Posts

·
Banned
913 Posts
If it is tapered, 100 shots or less. I personally like the stuff, but I accept this very short lifespan. It is quite zippier than gold, but this extra speed tends to decrease a bit with heaver ammo. If you are shooting lighter ammo and are not bothered by this it is extreme in performance. Like a race car it breaks down more frequently than a normal automobile.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Mr. Joel, would it still be more powerful than thera band gold if not tapered?
Untapered it loses some of it's speed value, albeit it will last somewhat longer. Really, you might as well go with gold in straights. There is little point to using it if you aren't looking for extreme speed, the gains vs. losses don't add up IMO. Silver is a good compromise between the two, but again I would taper it or go with gold.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts