Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received some foot of theraband gold. Before wasting them with some wrong cuts need good advices from You. My draw lenght is about 28 and I use mainly 8 strands tubing (2040) with a fork-pouch of 6 inch lengh fot hunting and plinking with dankungs and cougar.
here my doubts

A) tapering 1 inch-0.6 (25mm to 17 mm) or 1,2 inch to 1 inc (3 cm to 2,5) with a total lenght of 8 inch, in double strands, would be ok?

Much easier, and with minus waste, al least for my skills, would be cutting a straight loop bands about 2 or 2.2 cm (7/8 inch) for a total lenght of 44 cm (17 inch) . Would this work any good?

C) I suppose tryng to cut a loop tapering (a long isosceles trapezium) would be a great mess
Right?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks brooklin, you just shared the info I was in search. I hunt usually with 8,6 mm lead, cause I can buy them in reloading shops, but I can also cast myself 44 lead.
8.6 is a bit on the lean side cause it penetrates more than stop, but had plenty of clean kills with it. With the combo 8 strands 2040 15 cm lenght is fast as my air rifle gamo (or at least ist seems so). Untill now I have cutted and used some blue band from dankung too, (you can see pics in post "confession of a thief") and in four looped strands appears good for hunting (0,45 mm thik, 3.5 mm at the fork, 2,5 at the pouch, 15cm effective lenght): got four ferrel pigeon with this. But could never try gold thera cause I had to order it over the web. Now will proceede with Your's suggest, just for starting the right way

Yes skit sluga and hugues, circular= rotary, have one with spare blades and retractile blade protection and cuts well.
I wrote in an post "cuttin bads the easy way" that I coul also operate with a normal, good, cutter but after having firmpli stopped the rubbers under a lay of glued-tape, so to avoid any slippage.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
would skip the pizza thingy. Usually the cutting weel is not steady fixed to the frame (pizza is thik, it need to move) and probably instead of a straight cut you wuld edn up with nice curls. A good rotary cutter worth every few euro it cost

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.