Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Armed the "Mighty Oak" with double Thera-Band Gold today and shot for half and hour.
Hats off to anybody who shoots with these bands (Fish, Joerg, et. al.). My hand trembled like mad trying to hold the fork!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Hunterbands call for a low fork, or a fork like the Fish Hunter / Ergo2. Then you can shoot them without problems. Natural forks are usually higher, so they do not work so well with the deadly hunting bands.

I have a setup for my gloveshot (featured in my original video about that slingshot) that uses FOUR Thera Gold bands, each the same width as yours (3 cm fork, 2 cm pouch). I can only handle it on the gloveshot and maybe on my latest W designs.

But you have to shoot HEAVY ammo,like my bonecrushers, to take advantage from such band sets.

Jörg

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
TB Gold is a monster, especially in those 2x2x1" Hunter set ups. TB Silver is much more manageable and accurate. Mind you' it'd be a shame to shoot anything lesser than Hunter bands on your fork!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I stopped using the thera band gold, found it a bit hard on the hands after a days hunting, ive just got this slingshot off Martin thankyou again, and the thin rubber that came with it i doubled, i find it easyer on the hand and i hit a lot more with it, and it will take most small game ie rats game birds and rabbit, but i know people who love the hunter bands and manage just as well, jeff

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all the info.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I like those thin tubes too !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts