Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experimented with thinner theraband for attaching TBG? looking at picking up a roll of tb tan just for doing my ties as its about a third of the cost

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I tied like that for years and years until the new tying ribbon came out. I was still skeptical but it's cheeper than dirt so I gave it a try. Now it's all I use. My friend Noah has it on his website. www.specteams1.com. It's available in clear and black and makes a really great looking tie that won't come loose when you pull the frame out of your pocket.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Any color can be used for wrap and tuck as long as it has a little stretch. I save scraps and broken bands and cut them in strips. Some folks buy a bag of office bands for wrap and tuck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks joe ill look into the ribbon. and yeah I have read about people using office bands too but that seems a little sketch for my liking. Im not trying to lose an eye over here haha

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Use the old bands for wrap . What else are you going to use them for ?
Recycle broken bands for me too
Yeah, me too. I just cannot waste stuff. I am a product of my raising.

But also I love that tying ribbon stuff. Office bands look a bit untidy to me and snag in pocket sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im only on my first bandset, its still early days! ill def be keeping them though thanks for the tips

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I tied like that for years and years until the new tying ribbon came out. I was still skeptical but it's cheeper than dirt so I gave it a try. Now it's all I use. My friend Noah has it on his website. www.specteams1.com. It's available in clear and black and makes a really great looking tie that won't come loose when you pull the frame out of your pocket.
WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
Another vote for the amber tape tying ribbon stuff. All I use now. Bought ten rolls. Both clear and black. Good stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts