Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be done? or are the bands too thick? I do not want to damage anything.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I think that Theraband gold is .030 which two layers would be the right thickness, if it was the right hardness. I think that is the rub, it is harder than pure latex. I have had a couple of customers tell me that they damaged there cam tips using Theraband gold. Of course I don’t know how they were installing it, so I don’t know for sure. If in the USA I will sell .030 thick pure fresh latex in sheet form. The reason I have not said this before is I am low right now and only have enough for my band sales, but should have more about the 1st week of august. I have been selling bands so quickly that I accidently let my supply dwindle down. – Tex – PS – my price for a 10 1/2 inch by 36 inch sheet is $12, shipped free anywhere in the USA.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
I have used it, and it works OK.
Aaron which bands do you usually use on your saunders?
[/quote]

I am all over the place. My favorites are the Black Mamaba bands, Tex's Express bands, and Flabands standard latex.

Currently I am using a VERY STRONG set from Flatband. They are 2 1/4" x 1 1/2" x 9" .030" latex bands. I have to zip-tie the cams in place in their reversed position to hold the bands in place. You can feel the whole frame flex, so it is kind-of dangerous. They with make 1/2" lead fly like no other though!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I think that Theraband gold is .030 which two layers would be the right thickness, if it was the right hardness. I think that is the rub, it is harder than pure latex. I have had a couple of customers tell me that they damaged there cam tips using Theraband gold. Of course I don't know how they were installing it, so I don't know for sure. If in the USA I will sell .030 thick pure fresh latex in sheet form. The reason I have not said this before is I am low right now and only have enough for my band sales, but should have more about the 1st week of august. I have been selling bands so quickly that I accidently let my supply dwindle down. - Tex - PS - my price for a 10 1/2 inch by 36 inch sheet is $12, shipped free anywhere in the USA.
Ooh, I am definitely up for a sheet or two, plus airmail postage on top of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts