Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !
I use theraband gold since few days , simple band but over 50/80shot it begin to crak :/ . I ve change it 3 time , its the cause of a simple band, double are much resistant ?

·
Slingshots Canada
708 Posts
depends on a few things, Are you cutting them with a heavy taper? If so you will not get many shots out of it.

I use 1 strip theraband gold each side for my target shooting bandsets and they often last over 500 shots. I do not taper them and I cut them at 2cm x 20cm.

cheers

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
im using a tapered double bandset from gamekeeper john and its well around 500 shots. i have only shot marbles with it .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i use 25cm , tapered 1.5 to pouch and 2.5 cm to fork , and it broke alway @ 1 cm side pouch, it begin like a needel hole ... and i cut m band with a rolling cutter.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
It can also be that the fork tips are not smooth enough! -- Tex

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I cut my TBG to 3/4" straight strips with 8" from pouch tie to fork tie. With a 30" draw I kept record of two sets of bands. One set broke at 1325 shots and the other at almost 1350. I have several other sets of 3/4" TBG and they are giving good life, although I'm not recording every shot on paper this time.

Cheers,
Northerner

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cut my TBG to 3/4" straight strips with 8" from pouch tie to fork tie. With a 30" draw I kept record of two sets of bands. One set broke at 1325 shots and the other at almost 1350. I have several other sets of 3/4" TBG and they are giving good life, although I'm not recording every shot on paper this time.

Cheers,
Northerner
have you cm mesure please

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i use bicycle inner tube and clay ammo 10mm+/- but its not the problem i post a photo tomoroow

·
Registered
141 Posts
Please answer this: What is your drawlength divided by the active length of the rubber?

Clay ammo of 10 mm weights under 1 gram, probably even half that, which is too light for those bands imo. Those holes are likely a sign of excess speed. Get some ammo weighting something like 2-3 gram and see if you still get only 50-80 shots out of a band-set. If you do then read on.

If it tears between the pouch and the pouch-tie, then you don't stretch the TBG enough when tying.
If it tears between the pouch-tie and the fork-tie, then either the fork has something resembling a sharp edge [can be on the back; could be what you use to tie the rubber to the fork; could be your fingernail.] OR you stretch the bands too much. OR the latex is old.
If it tears directly at the pouch-tie then use something else to tie the pouch to the bands.
Another way to get early tearing is by using a dull or chipped blade when cutting the bands.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
It can also be that the fork tips are not smooth enough! -- Tex
no it is smooth and its cut on the pouch !
thanks tex
[/quote]

It is hard to tell but in looking at your avatar picture, it almost looks like the bands are not pulled over the top of the slingshot. I don't know if it would have an effect on longevity of the bands.

Are you pulling the bands back like this? Over the top of the forks?

Joint Shoe Leg Wood Gesture

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
see where the tbg is crak , hum ive buy this on the non-ofiicial website and for attractive price ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

Cheers,
Northerner
have you cm mesure please

[/quote]

1" = approx 2.54 cm

My bands are cut 1.9 cm wide and measure 20 cm from pouch tie to fork tie. My draw length is 76cm.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Make sure your rotor cutter does not have knicks in the blade...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.