Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
It has been such a long time ago since I cast lead... I kind of remember it being fun. hahaha...
You certainly have some cleanly cast ammo there.

Well, done. Do you ever cast into different shapes... for example, Hexagonal rods?

I'd be interested in buying or trading for a few of those. Small caliber ones. They shred cans and bust jugs.

I do not hunt any more, but those would go great in a go-bag or hunting kit for some of our more active huntera.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been such a long time ago since I cast lead... I kind of remember it being fun. hahaha...
You certainly have some cleanly cast ammo there.

Well, done. Do you ever cast into different shapes... for example, Hexagonal rods?

I'd be interested in buying or trading for a few of those. Small caliber ones. They shred cans and bust jugs.

I do not hunt any more, but those would go great in a go-bag or hunting kit for some of our more active huntera.
I've not cast any different shapes just yet, but I'm intrigued.

I'll do some swapping, what you got and how many of the .445s do you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
kcherry, welcome to the forum. I have never shot .56 cal lead. What bands do you use? Is that double TBG,or maybe GZK? Just curious I have been experimenting with different cuts and thickness for my ,44s

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kcherry, welcome to the forum. I have never shot .56 cal lead. What bands do you use? Is that double TBG,or maybe GZK? Just curious I have been experimenting with different cuts and thickness for my ,44s
So those bands are double TBG at 24x18x170. Here's some chrono numbers. I shoot about 29 inch draw length.

44 lead: 210 FPS
58 lead: 164 FPS

I've not chrono'd the 56 yet, but should be about 170 FPS or so.

By the way 20x15x170 TBG is about 17lb vs 24lb draw weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts