Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just recieved one of those Tamarin wood naturals made in Thialand. Seem like nicely made slingshots though they appear a little fragile. I swapped the gum rubber band it came with for a standard pull trumark and it seems to shoot well at close range. Its raining here today so I'll see how it does at 10 meters tomorrow when the sun comes out. BTW have you guys noticed that the plastic pins on the trumark standard pull bands tend to give your knuckles a nasty rap? I'll be removing them from now on as my knuckles can't handle any more. Anyway, I'll give a performance update on the Thia sling when the weather improves.

Don

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just recieved one of those Tamarin wood naturals made in Thialand. Seem like nicely made slingshots though they appear a little fragile. I swapped the gum rubber band it came with for a standard pull trumark and it seems to shoot well at close range. Its raining here today so I'll see how it does at 10 meters tomorrow when the sun comes out. BTW have you guys noticed that the plastic pins on the trumark standard pull bands tend to give your knuckles a nasty rap? I'll be removing them from now on as my knuckles can't handle any more. Anyway, I'll give a performance update on the Thia sling when the weather improves.

Don
Update: The Thia natural shoots pretty well out to 10meters. Only flaw I can notice is that my hand tires after a few dozen shots so I have to give it low marks for ergonomics. But it held up nicely and was reasonably accurate giving me 40 to 60% hits on a 3 inch cat food can at 10 meters. I also tried out a new Barrnet strike 9 and it shot well with a horozontal hold also giving me 40 to 60% hits on the same catfood can at the same range. I do wish Barrnet did as trumark does and didn't tie their bands in a knot when packaging their slings. The bands set in all kinds of weird twists. The soft grip pads on the handle were none too soft but I knew they were there and it helped me grip the sling consistantly shot to shot. Sorry guys but being technologically impaired I have not photos for you.

Don

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've seen those on ebay and wondered about them. Thanks for giving one a shot (pun intended) and telling us about it.
As far as the Trumark pins, I've never used tubes of any kind on a natural or board cut, but I bet you're right about them giving an impressive hand slap.
Just pop 'em out and use the loop-in, kink-and-tie, or knot-in-tube method for attaching the pouch. Sounds like you're having much better results with your Strike than I've had. I agree with you, though, about the packaging method. The bands bend and curve all over the place. They'll eventually straighten out for the most part, though, after a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen those on ebay and wondered about them. Thanks for giving one a shot (pun intended) and telling us about it.
As far as the Trumark pins, I've never used tubes of any kind on a natural or board cut, but I bet you're right about them giving an impressive hand slap.
Just pop 'em out and use the loop-in, kink-and-tie, or knot-in-tube method for attaching the pouch. Sounds like you're having much better results with your Strike than I've had. I agree with you, though, about the packaging method. The bands bend and curve all over the place. They'll eventually straighten out for the most part, though, after a few hundred rounds.
Pelleteer,

I think the trick with that Strike 9 is to let your wrist flex back toward your body when you draw. The forks have an upward bend and by flexing your wrist backward you can straighten the bands so the shot flies straighter. I think those Thia naturals are worth the price but delivery was slow because of it comeing from so far away. It definatly has me interested in trying more natural fork slingshots.

Don

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks, Don. I'll give that a try with my Strike that still has tubulars on it.

Edit:Don! You da man! I just went out and shot a few rounds in the style you suggested and accuracy improved by an order of magnitude! Thank again for the suggestion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Don. I'll give that a try with my Strike that still has tubulars on it.

Edit:Don! You da man! I just went out and shot a few rounds in the style you suggested and accuracy improved by an order of magnitude! Thank again for the suggestion.
Glad I could help!

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts