Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,687 Posts
Wow Rick, you put some real love in that one Bud. Lotta work went into that and the results show it-very nice! Flatband

·
The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,701 Posts
Outstanding my man your wife should love this one. Great craftsmanship and a nice design.

·
Registered
596 Posts
it may be to good...she may not want to shoot it and look at it all day! you may have to make her another! :)

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Beautiful Rick. One good thing about the Alaskan winters, you get to hole up inside an make wonderful creations like that. Simply amazing. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey Rick, quick question. Do the flats between Chugiak and Wasilla have ptarmigan, or do I have to go by sutton? I usually go out to Bristol Bay or the Kuskokwim to load up but I want to save money and try for them around this area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
NIcholson:

There are pockets of birds in that area but I dont really know them. I mostly hunt north or east of the valley. This time of year the Ptarmagin tend to be closer to tree line, in huge flocks. Grouse are more spread out...... I am betting both are having a tough year. They deal with cold fine but not if they are wet, we spent weeks wet. Anyhow I would work the hiking trails in the area, chugach national forest is no firearms but all of it is open to at least small game. They do have diferent regs but they are listed on line. Close to home you will have lots of company in the areas that are not weapon restricted. The hay flats hold enough rabits and other game to keep folks coming back but a drive up the old glenn then a walk across the now frozen marshes is more productive. If ya have a sno-go horse pasture flats the back side of mount monument can be amazing if you hit it right........Like snowing upside down!

Are you new to the area? Kus is a long way to go for birds brother!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TNflipper52: Actually winters are normally very busy for me, not this year. Rain has kept us socked in, the lower 48 has been seeing record lows I dont have enough snow to run my sled! The dog race I work was canncelled and the ice is just now back to fishable....this winter has sucked! Normally the minute I get the all clear from the parks folks to run the sled I am gone, sometimes for weeks. Not even worth putting out a set in my neck of the woods, critters all look like its june!

Bob: Thank you very much! I take the same veiw of beauty that my Native Alaskan brothers and sisters do, if something is just nice to look at that is all it will ever be. But if it is nice to look at and it helps me and my family live our lives it can become truly beautiful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts