Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up our two nieces from pre-K and 1st grade. First of all the powers to be can’t decide where we should park to pick the kids up. While I was in line, I went back and talked to the lady parked behind me. What she told me next humbled me beyond anything I could ever imagine. There were two amazing people in the car. I introduced myself and asked them where they lived. What they told me next broke my friend heart. They were adopted a few years ago from bad country. They were never allowed out of the tall fenced in area and they food they were fed taste like???? Everywhere they went a guard with a gun was in sight. It took approximately 5 years for them to be adopted. This 10 year old girl told me how grateful she was to live in a free country with people who love her. To have a warm house and food on the table is still amazing to her. People her in the states get their panties in a twist for the littlest things. I could listen to her talk for hours, she is so thankful for what she has.

·
Premium Member
11,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should calm down sometimes before I shoot my mouth off. I definitely titled this one wrong‍♂ I’ve talked to several people during this Pandemic and all the protesting and we all agree we have become numb to what used to be tragic news. This situation is one of those, you had to be there. I wish this girl could go to a high school and tell her story.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.