Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
hey guys n gals, appologies for being vacant at the minute I'm going through a fast steel learning curve atm and addicted to it

threw this out in between though lol, there is about 30 pics http://www.facebook....76157325&type=1

it is of course a Yew Natural

SAM_2583.JPG SAM_2598.JPG SAM_2584.JPG SAM_2597.JPG SAM_2604.JPG SAM_2605.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Fantastic grain and curves in that piece, well done.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks fella's as i was sanding this it was more and more looking like id need to make another but then id want them both

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beautiful slingshot!

What's the finish on it?
cheers, its sanded to 240, glazed over with 320 then dipped in linseed (not boiled) and wiped/rubbed with a rag for 20 mins while watching youtube

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Andy,
In a perfect world it would be me who lives in England among the yew trees and you who lives over here scrounging among the oaks and plywood trees.

...alas, I guess I will have to settle for just looking at your feeble attempts with that beautiful wood.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy,
In a perfect world it would be me who lives in England among the yew trees and you who lives over here scrounging among the oaks and plywood trees.

...alas, I guess I will have to settle for just looking at your feeble attempts with that beautiful wood.
what? you have got rid of the one i made you already

·
Registered
572 Posts
Andy,

hey you get dogwood and sumac over in the states which i would love to get my hands on

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Andy,

what? you have got rid of the one i made you already

[/quote]
Hah! Not on your life, matey. I still can't shoot with my damaged finger but I couldn't help spending an hour this morning using my other finger. Actually shooting pretty good, too. When my finger heals this is going to be not only one of my best lookers but also one of my best shooters. (must have been a fluke, this one.)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts