Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Have cut a nice fork from a thorntree that I can't identify. It still has leaves, so it can't be blackthorn.

Anyway, properly microwaved it and turned it into a semi ergo today. It has a palm swell where needed and it also has grooves for thumb and index finger. What I like is that even though it is heavily sculpted, it still looks like it could have been grown that way.

It was really bone white and the grain was hard to see, therefore I used my ink dying method to bring it out. I used dark brown ink.

Worked really well. This needs some cleanup in the grooves (polishing paste revealed by the photo flash), and poly coating. But otherwise it came out good.

Jörg

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
love the dark stain!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do they hold up? Can you get more than a few shots out of them before tearing?
I did more than a thousand shots with a similar set of blue bands at the ECST. I recall Gary (Flatband) was pretty impressed with it too.

If you want it to last, you simply never pull it out to the max. This way you get good power and long lasting bands, at an acceptable draw.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you mind sharing your measurement on the cut of those bands, and how you tie? I get a few hundred shots out of my thera black, but would love to log over 1000 shots on a single set of bands.

Q

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I had to watch it to completion for the amusement of the fast motion. Good video aside from the amusement factor.

One thing for sure, no parent that wants to keep their daughter chaste would let her go near a boy with hands as fast as yours.

·
"500+fps Speed demon"
668 Posts
Did you edit the sound?
No, the fast motion feature of my editing system did that automatically. Still it was lots of work in post production. But it's all genuine. I did cut out parts of the file and sandpaper work, too boring.
[/quote]

What editing system do you use? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Oh yes, that slingshot looks great ! Another cool shooter from THE JOERG !!!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Joerg, superb video. Almost the way I work. I start with 80 grit sandpaper after I'm done carving, though. Sometimes I start with a hatchet to rough out the shape. You should take your time. It can be very relaxing to make a slingshot like this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.