Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To celebrate my upcoming two thousand posts, the first member to quote my 2000th post in a comment in this thread will win a slingshot.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
"Posted Today, 08:49 AM

I'd like to celebrate my 2,000th post with something memorable.

I have stumbled upon a new way of attaching bands to the pouch. It derives from the way tubular bands are attached.

All you do is:

(1) Make the end like this, with a tiny hole punched or burned through with a hot wire. Ideally the end should be rounded, but it's not critical. For thin elastic, you might double the end over before making the hole.

(2) Pull the end through the pouch hole.

(3) Pull the end of the band through the band hole and tighten up. I use a hemostat, but it can be done without.

This method has several advantages over the traditional method of tying bands on with string or elastic.

• It's simple, cheap and fast to tie. There's no string or elastic needed.
  • It's long lasting. There's no chaffing of string on band.
  • It's secure. The band has to tear before it gives.
  • It's high performance. It's lighter by far than any other method of attachment. It will significantly improve the velocity of light projectiles.
  • It's accurate. Maybe not more accurate than a well tied pouch by a traditional method, but it's easy to be consistent with the length and balance.

FREE TO COPY.
I make no claim of owning this idea. I hope this design catches on and helps a lot of people. Spread the word. I call this the Type-Z attachment method.

All designs, images and text ©. All rights reserved.
"

I'm game if no one else is!!!!! I agree this is a great idea
...OR, are you excluding Vendors....I'll understand if you are.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Is this it?

Hi, I'm new here.
Look for me on britishblades.com

I made this last night in forged steel and desert ironwood with white spacers and nickel corby bolts.

The front is shaped to give purchase.

The back is contoured for comfort and control...The flatbands are Theraband Silver. I divided one band into two strips, which taper from a half-width to one third for optimal power and velocity.

I also punched out the leather pouch. The two central holes are so I can attach a loop. The rest are for grip and to lighten the pouch a little.....I rolled the tips over to reduce wear. The attachment holes were drift punched so there are no sharp edges.....
It can be gripped conventionally....... or in a finger "V". It's symmetrical and so ambidextrous.......
Where the ellipses stand are the pictures you provided of the slingshot. Sorry I didn't get those pics up too, is that required?

Hope this is the right one! Congrats on the achievement!

Cheers - John

EDIT: O boy, do I feel really stupid! Well if it helps out anyone, I found ZDP's first post ever!
Ohh well ,congrats Pallan.....now I know for sure that I suffer from dislexia!

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice one John, that's a fondly remembered post too. It's a good looking slingshot, if not terribly effective.

Anyway, Perry, congratulations!

It just goes to show that everyone just hits the New Content button and nobody browses the forums or sees the status panel.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Nice one John, that's a fondly remembered post too. It's a good looking slingshot, if not terribly effective.

Anyway, Perry, congratulations!

It just goes to show that everyone just hits the New Content button and nobody browses the forums or sees the status panel.
How dare you say that Dan!! I hardly know the new content button is there. You don't know that much after all!

That was for SugarRob.

Your a good and generous guy, Dan!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.