Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.northwestgeorgia.com/local/local_story_348194523.html?keyword=topstory
Trio arrested for slingshot attacks

Three Chatsworth men have been arrested for using slingshots and marbles to damage homes, vehicles and even the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' reregulation dam below Carters Lake, officials said.

Jerry Lamar Blaylock III, 19, of 5347 Highway 225 S.; Eric Dewayne McAtee, 19, of 1239 Center Hill Church Road; and Joseph Richard Satterfield, 21, of 881 Corvette Drive, were each charged by the Murray County Sheriff's Office with 16 counts of first degree criminal damage to property.

"We first started getting reports (of damage) in October," said Chief Deputy Ray Sitton on Monday. "They were using the wrist rocket type of slingshots and the little white marbles like you might find in an aquarium. They also knocked the windows out of a residence on Old Highway 411 with ball bats. I'm just glad we got it stopped before someone got hurt, because those wrist rockets can really do some damage."

Sitton said homeowners and vehicle owners are being contacted about the cost of repairs, and that it is taking time. He said the trio did more than $3,000 worth of damage at the reregulation dam.

Blaylock was released on a $2,000 bond, and McAtee and Satterfield were released on $10,000 bonds each. A spokeswoman at the jail said the three will receive summonses through the mail for their appearances in Superior Court.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
So sad how some just have to be tearing up something valuable, owned by someone else, to have any fun.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I do not understand how it would be "fun" to break other peoples things. I think they should be shot once each with a slingshot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts