Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering about in one of my local thrift stores and was looking for junk furniture that might be repurposed into a catch box, or something of the like. I was also looking for useful items for other hobbies, when I came across this. Not sure what it's original purpose was, but it looks like a pretty spiffy field bag, to me. Worth a three dollar gamble, anyway
76bf222623ef2b9ef1fde8880f114c4e.jpg
e91fc01dde2996790ef59944a82467a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Thrift stores are a great place for all sorts of slingshot "needs". Cheap t-shirts and bedsheets for target traps ... frying pan lids for gongs ... tote boxes ... aluminum crutches for starships ... cutting boards ... etc. I even found an unused aluminum figure-8 climbing descender for either 99 cents or $1.49. One day I'll get around to making it into a slingshot.

·
Neophyte
2,108 Posts
Totally agree, I have even found actual slingshots at thrift stores. I find the thrill of the hunt to be quite exciting too, lol :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thrift stores are a great place for all sorts of slingshot "needs". Cheap t-shirts and bedsheets for target traps ... frying pan lids for gongs ... tote boxes ... aluminum crutches for starships ... cutting boards ... etc. I even found an unused aluminum figure-8 climbing descender for either 99 cents or $1.49. One day I'll get around to making it into a slingshot.
Found a nice cutting board today. They wanted too much, so I left it.

Mark

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Found a nice cutting board today. They wanted too much, so I left it.

Mark

The thrift stores in our area have monthly 50% off sales. The prices are usually low already so half-price is almost a give away on some items.

If you want the best deal on t-shirts or linens just ask the staff for some solid colored "ragout" items. This is the stuff that doesn't sell so they bag it up and sell by the pound. At least that's what they do here at the 2 Salvation Army stores and the Teen Challenge SuperThrift. You could probably get some ragout t-shirts for very cheap.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thinking more about that cutting board. It was a pretty nice one, good and thick. The top was pretty wavy, but still plenty of meat on the bone to carve a sling out of it. I think it was about 1.5" thick, so I guy could probably get two or three slings out of it.

I may have to check it out this weekend and if it's still there....

Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another awesome score. Tripod I found and repurposed. Seven bucks. I already had the magnetic parts tray. Perfect! I also Scored a great fart machine and a bunch of rags for my ammo catchbox.
9ba63b6ba6c2e6bfe06e4eb3e6f305cf.jpg
8b419156c360e61840956e838e16460a.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.