Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there throw knives? I bought some a few years ago, and found them rather enjoyable, but I never could get very accurate with them, I'd be lucky to hit an archery block from about 10m.
If anyone on here does use them, or ever has, what did you think about them, and if you were accurate, please share your technique

·
See The Target
21,654 Posts
Its a lot of trial and error. Plenty of info nowadays through books ,google and utube. If you can't throw accurately in general then knife throwing is going to be more of a challenge. Good luck

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
That fellow on the video is awesome! Wow!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been throwing knives most of my adult life. I learned early to use a knife that you can throw from the handle, I'm right handed so I begin with my right foot forward and as I throw I take a step forward. Just like archery or slingshot, you must make a habit and do everything the same each time, then just move "everything" to hit your target. You must also find the right distance and knife rotations to make the knife hit point first. This is also most easily done with a longer knife, at least 12" long or more. This is why the pros use long knives, not the short cheap stainless ones you see so often. My throwers are all about 12" long, and make one rotation (the way I throw them) in 10 feet distance, 2 rotations in about 21 feet. It's all pretty basic, and "balance" has nothing to do with how the knife rotates to the target. Hope this helps! Jon

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been throwing everyday for a year. I now throw with the no spin method. It was hard at first but I kept at it. Once you get the idea of keeping your finger on the knife as long as possible, the better you get. I was training mostly in a self defence mode. 10 feet or less. Kniife in a sheath in the middle of my back. The accuracy can be unbeleivable. Being able to hit a dime 5 out of 6 throws. Lay out for a week and that all goes to pot. I now conceal carry a 38 cal so i do not practice with the knife as much.

·
Banned
10,020 Posts
I was into it when I was a kid, but haven't really practiced since. I have the pleasure of residing in the imperial state of New York, so like everything else, properly weighted throwing knives, like my slingshots (among other things) are illegal. I'm just thankful all levels of LEO's here are too stupid to know about the slingshots;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was into it when I was a kid, but haven't really practiced since. I have the pleasure of residing in the imperial state of New York, so like everything else, properly weighted throwing knives, like my slingshots (among other things) are illegal. I'm just thankful all levels of LEO's here are too stupid to know about the slingshots;)
I agree and feel for u, I haven't thrown knives in a few years, but I just moved from NJ, to PA big difference in laws so much relaxed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts