Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shoot TTF, the band slaps my thumb pretty hard. It's painful and it's actually created a callous. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
314 Posts
What size ammo and what size bands/tubes?

There are lots of threads here on the forum about hand slap; sounds like your ammo is too lite for your elastics.

At first, I thought the bigger bands the better; I just tried to ignore the pain from the hand slaps.

As I learned more and more about slingshots, I began to understand about balancing the ammo with the bands.

Now when I get a new sling, I band it up as desired and then run an assortment of ammo through it to determine the best performance.

Hope this helps pointing you in the right direction.

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Yeah - sounds like most probably overpowered bands - or maybe heavy pouch.

Though I do have some frames that regardless will give me a little nip. What is your entire setup?

·
Amateur
2,570 Posts
What frame are you shooting, or does it happen on different frames? It might be related to your hold and/or overpowered bands.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm shooting .7mm thich precise latex, 20mm at the frame end, 12mm at the pouch end. 10 inches long.

I shoot with a corner of mouth hold. I'm shooting 1/2 daisy marble slingshot ammo. It happens with any frame with a TTF setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts