Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you can teach an old dog new tricks???? I’m in the early stages of possibly changing my grip on my slingshots to thumb support. When I received my SPS slingshot, it just naturally felt the best with a thumb grip. My shooting to the left completely went away???????????? I then went to the top Shot used the thumb grip and awesomeness???????? I then shot the Scout, same accuracy???????? Will someone explain why thumb support works. I never felt I was canting before, but now I’m not sure what changed

·
Registered
657 Posts
Interesting post Tag. When I started off, I didn't like shooting thumb supported, it felt less secure than a pinch grip, but now that I am more comfortable with shooting in general, and have experimented with more frames, I like both!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
It's been awhile since I did the thumb grip thing. On smaller slingshots I would (and still would if I was using one) use a thumb dead center below the forks which worked well. On slingshots with larger bands I stopped using one because of two things: My thumb getting tired and increased possibility of a thumb hit. If a thumb hold is going to be used though this looks like a really great idea. Might even help with some of the tiring of the thumb.

winnie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts