Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening I had 2 slingshots that were consistently shooting high. Then I realized I had made a simple mistake. I had somehow mis tied the bands to the frames and the top band was almost 1/8 of an inch shorter than the bottom one on both rigs, retied them carefully and they shoot nice and centered.

Some times it is the little things that make the difference between almost missing the catch box and drilling the spinner :)

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
I was trying to visualize what you were describing . I assume that you are using double bands, that is one band laying on top of another, right. I am a simple guy and just shoot a single set of bands.

Glad you figured out the problem.

GP

·
Neophyte
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I shoot single bands on each fork. My problem is that the "top" band was tied to the fork so that it was shorter that the "bottom" band. Essentially my pouch was a hair off center and was there for throwing my shot.

·
Neophyte
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think so, a difference of a fraction of an inch to start with gets amplified when the bands are drawn (usually 5 or 6 times the original error). Then multiply the difference over the distance to the target and you can end up pretty far off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts