Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is any negatives in tilting my slingshot slightly to the left to align the bands. The other option for me is to tilt my head more to the right over the bands. Doing this i get nasty cheek slaps when i draw behind my ear. I used the band touch on the ear as ref. point when i shoot.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I was wondering if there is any negatives in tilting my slingshot slightly to the left to align the bands. The other option for me is to tilt my head more to the right over the bands. Doing this i get nasty cheek slaps when i draw behind my ear. I used the band touch on the ear as ref. point when i shoot.
Any tilting, be it the frame or the head, introduces hard to reproduce variables, so this is the negative point.
Now, everything is a compromise, so there can be no concrete answer, apart from one, do try and aim to develop a style with as few variables as possible. I do tilt my head heavily, and I compensate by making sure I tilt it almost to the end of the range of motion, so I can almost guarantee I tilt it the same every shot. I tried to shoot with a tilted frame, but I couldnt reproduce the exact angle every time, so I keep it pure gangsta.
Your case may very well be different, but keeping in mind the mantra of eliminating the hard to reproduce variables, and allowing only those that are absolutely necessary, or easy to reproduce, you will eventually arrive at a good shooting technique.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Which hand do you hold the slingshot? I hold in the left hand and tilt/rotate my slingshot 90* to the right from perpendicular. The forks are sideways. Sometimes I lean the forks forward too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good points skropi, ill be good as long as i can duplicate it. Northeren i shoot the same way you do. It was the hunt for longer draw that led me down this path. My ears are to small and lying flat against my head so my cheek gets in the way of the pouch, it makes bruises and hurts to get slapt by a full butterfly on its way to the forks in a hurry! (Ha ha, that came out funny in my language full=drunk) :rofl:

/uba

·
Registered
356 Posts
The bands are more important than the frame.

Reactions: AKA Forgotten
1 - 7 of 7 Posts