Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poster Font Circle Metal Fashion accessory

I force myself to do this every so often. I wonder if others of you do the same; Use the same slingshot exclusively for a set time:

Sometimes I go slingshot crazy and jump from frame to frame, PFS, to Dankung to PPSG. I can't help but feel it makes my accuracy suffer. I feel frustrated; this doesn't work, so I switch to that. I might shoot four frames a session.... Yea, that doesn't work either. It's ME dumb-dumb, not the frame.

Times like this, I force myself to shoot one particular slingshot for a whole week. It's the one I'll carry in my pocket and I won't touch anything else, for a whole week (Yes, I don't always make it. I'm a weak, frame-hungry glutton).

I just broke out my old cast aluminum Pro-Shop Pigeon Popper TTF. And I'm on day two with it. I'm already seeing results. How I love this frame! It reminds me that this one is as good as any and better than most.

Concentrating on only one frame for a whole week always helps me, always. If only I could find the PERFECT one...

Attachments

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
I have only been at this a couple months now but have already tried three different frames and each time I do,my accuracy suffers but I don't even know what style shooting I like yet. Haha
I do know one thing, I love my OTT Taurus. I will make a plan to stay with that one for a while. Better to learn the principles first.
Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Easy to say, hard to do. Seems like there is always the magic wand just out of reach. Have shot the same rig for last 10 days and yes my accuracy has improved. Broke a band two days ago, replaced bands and my accuracy went in the toilet! Oh well, one thing the lord gave me was plenty of time. If you could have any woman in the world, would you try just one??

·
Registered
64 Posts
What about totally different types of slingshots? Obviously, I concentrate on my favorite: asymmetrical TTFs with upturned handles, but if I concentrated exclusively on the one, what about the other types? We're talking apples and oranges here:

My favorite genus: TTF

My second favorite genus: Dankung hoop-top, looped tubes (I snap shoot with these. This is also the type I carry in the woods to shoot trees with. Dankungs always shoot better in the woods than they do at a target).

MY third favorite genus: Round top Chinese

My forth: Top bead Chinese (again, for instinctive "snap" shooting. This type is fast climbing the list)

My fifth: PFS

My sixth: OTT

All these shooting experiences are TOTALLY different from one another. I can't abandon the different types. I'm afraid making one exclusive would make you useless in the others.

How about limiting it to 50 of each type? Providing, of course, that you might increase the number later, in a totally subjective decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.