Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

· Premium Member
4,125 Posts
About 10 days ago we bought 5 more goats... these are some real nice ones so we put them in the side pen to get them acclimated to the farm before turning them out with the rest of the herd....

Well, there's a 5 1/2 foot fence all the way around the pen, buried 1 foot deep all the way around...
Last night something big jumped in, killed and partially ate one of the new goats... something with big feet that doesn't leave a toenail mark when walking... you may have guessed it.
Yes, a Mountain Lion decided it would be a good idea to get on my bad side... so we're going to see how that turns out.

I have a real good feeling that pretty soon there's going to be a Cougar with a terminal case of lead poisoning...

Here's the remaining does, notice how they're crowded together and very spooked acting:

Here's the slaughtered one:

And here's the remedy... a .308 Weatherby, a Judge loaded with .454 Casull and a .50 cal S&W Magnum... my biggest problem right now is deciding which should deliver the retribution?!

· 500 Club
560 Posts
one other thing, i know a few people here that don't like pictures of dead/injured animals, (not that it bothers me) but i didn't know whether this could be moved to the hunting section due to the pictures?
I may be wrong though!

· Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Moved to slingshot hunting.

Reactions: LBurnett

· HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
7,735 Posts
if the goats are that close to each other, that means the lion is within distance . itll be back real soon .

· Registered
904 Posts
I'd say the 308 would be my favorite for this job. I do love the big hand guns though. I'd like to put my Excalibur X- Bow and 150gr Vortex BH on it.

Here is a bit of Cougar hide being put to use

In would imagine that the liver and lites were eaten first.

Did you make BBQ?

Attachments

· Super Moderator
7,197 Posts
**** Bud, you do live OUT THERE! Mountain Lion? Whew! Flatband

Reactions: Tag

· Premium Member
3,549 Posts
They are starting to show up in Nashville and surrounding counties. Never thought i'd see the day that mountain lions made a comeback here. Bill, you are a proficient hunter and you know the lay of your land. Treelines and border edges and ravines are their favorites. Use the .308 in ambush. Hate it for you and your goat. Good luck.

Reactions: Tag

· Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Sounds familiar, but a few sizes larger than my kitty problems.
Use the dead goat for bait, post up someplace within range and send one over.
You know the drill, Master Bill!

· Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I left the goat where it lays, then put a blind around their house which is about 50 yards away.... I'll be in there tonight when it gets dark... may spend the whole night in there... If it doesn't happen tonight, then maybe tomorrow night... when it happens it'll happen. But I have to take care of this problem.
A cat this big and this brazen is a very dangerous animal... and since I have young kids, not just goats but human kids.... this thing going to have to be settled.

· Premium Member
2,320 Posts
No takers with Bill, and the other weapon, one of his fine catty's he's quite deadly with?

· Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.