Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to shoot less and send slingmails, so what better chance to get building?
I am not yet a good builder, but I sure enjoy making my own.
Wasps, flat tip chalices, and custom size mini rangers. Let's see what will come out.
Those two wasps are not good because I don't have the tool to make pinky holes. I will get it tomorrow though!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done! Wow! Skropi, you do good work. I have a soft heart for wood as a material. It is just so pleasant to feel and see.

Thanks for sharing.
Well, the pinky holes are crap, but I was just trying out how to make them without a tool, not easy :)
Now I want to find some real wood, not plywood, to make some frames, and.....learn how to make shiny finishes, because Linseed oil is so and so.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done! Wow! Skropi, you do good work. I have a soft heart for wood as a material. It is just so pleasant to feel and see.

Thanks for sharing.
Well, the pinky holes are crap, but I was just trying out how to make them without a tool, not easy :)
Now I want to find some real wood, not plywood, to make some frames, and.....learn how to make shiny finishes, because Linseed oil is so and so.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nice frames, you are on the right track.

If you can, use a drill with a spade drill bit, ideally mounted on a drill stand, to make an accurate hole. A rasp and a file, and coarse to fine sandpaper (or a Dremel tool) can then be used to round off the inner edges. I use a 22 mm spade drill bit, but you may need something smaller or larger.

I would recommend clamping down the slingshot frame on a flat surface for this entire process: I use a piece of pinewood placed inside a vise, and then clamp my (23 mm thick birch-plywood) board cut frames on to the flat pinewood base - both for drilling and for subsequent rasping, etc.

However, you can also clamp the slingshot frame directly in the vise, albeit that this does not work as well as clamping it on a flat surface: see the photos attached.

I would recommend wearing safety glasses when using the spade drill.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Doood nice! Id be interested in a trade if your are, I already like the Phoxx but a wood one would be awesome.

Slick work. :)

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

Reactions: skropi

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No pinky hole yet on the phoxx, need to get a suitable bit first. The ranger is not yet sanded down, and the chalice is finished. I find that every frame I make is better than the previous one, nice way to limit shooting!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Doood nice! Id be interested in a trade if your are, I already like the Phoxx but a wood one would be awesome.
Slick work. :)
Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.
Thanks mate! The frames I posted last are better than the previous ones, practice makes perfect :)
After I complete a specific slingmail that is loooong overdue, you will be next in line ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts