Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Mainly an OTT and PFS Shooter
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I just got this adorable little thing in the mail today: a miniature Dankung style tube shooter. I don't have much experience with tubes, and I find that I am getting a crazy amount of hand slap.
Hand Vision care Eyewear Cat Finger

What can I do to avoid that? I've shot similarly sized pickle forks with flat bands, but I never get and handslap issues. I only seem to get it with tubes. It's especially bad with this little frame.

I'm using looped 1632s with 11mm marbles and 9mm steel.

·
Ray Rowden
3,070 Posts
Handslaps are usually caused by bands overpowering the ammo.
You can test that quickly by trying a few shots with a reduced draw - say 75 percent your normal draw. If that works, you may want to reconfigure your tubes - longer full loops, pseudo-tapers, or singles.
Another option is to use heavier ammo.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Handslaps are usually caused by bands overpowering the ammo.
You can test that quickly by trying a few shots with a reduced draw - say 75 percent your normal draw. If that works, you may want to reconfigure your tubes - longer full loops, pseudo-tapers, or singles.
Another option is to use heavier ammo.
Thanks! I will try to experiment with my band set up. I'm very new to shooting tubes. I just got a pack of premade 1632 loops.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think that KawKan is right about too much power for this particular sling. His suggestion about quickly testing this reasoning by using a reduced draw length is good.

There is one other thing to consider. Small slings are fun, but built into them is the restriction that you have little room to move your fingers to a new position. I often find that I can avoid some hand slap by moving my fingers slightly to avoid the one spot the bands seem to repeatedly hit.

Your other option, if you really like the sling and just have to have a particular latex set up, is to armor up the one or two fingers that get hit. This can be done with a glove, homemade finger guard or something similar.

So, you have some research to do about too much energy as a cause and some choices to make about how much you really need for that sling and set up. Good luck and enjoy the challenge...!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you for the tips everyone! I think I found a set up that works great with 8mm steel and 11mm marbles :D I opted to use single 1632 bands, with small loops at the end.

It pretty much fixed the handslap problem, but I am still having trouble with accuracy. A bigger slingshot is definitely more reliable, but I just can't get enough of how hilariously small this is!
Pliers Diagonal pliers Orange Wire stripper Electrical wiring

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.