Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a few days now, i do some test with the bands that torsten sent to me.

In discovered a interesting thing, at least for me.
First, i must say that i am a pure "instinctive" shooter, meaning that i don't have any aiming reference, i shoot two different naturals, about the same size, and i hold my slingshots with left hand.

i began too shoot with the medium set, that really pleased me, and began to be really accurate with it.

Then i shot with the high speed band set, heavier to draw and then, most of my shots were to the left, like in this video

A bit later, i shot with the target bands, by far lighter: All my shots were at leat 10 cm to the rignt at 12 m!

At the begining, i wonder if it was the band set, or the slingshot it self that give me such a variation. So i took this morning my fork equiped with light band set and put it the highspeed one. Guess what? All my shot were to the left!

Well, this is something i have to take in account now when i change the draw weight, but i don't have any clue about why it does like that??

·
Registered
125 Posts

Not bad.
I am not a good shooter, but I know how to shoot, I was shot instructor in the army.
Most importantly, you must shot with your director eye and close the other. that's what you do may be already.
(The hand tender the band should be the side director eye )

C'est pas mal.

Je ne suis pas bon tireur, mais je sais comment tirer, j'étais instructeur de tire dans l'armée.

le plus important, il faut tirer avec son oeil directeur et fermer l'autre. c'est ce que tu fais peut etre déja.

(La main qui tend l'élastique doit etre coté oeil directeur)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Joe
If you are shooting instinctive you should have both eyes open. Left or right could be caused by differant things.The main things to remember are.Keep your pouch hand and arm in line with your bands,elbow slightly high,and don't move your hands after the shot.Try to keep them still till the shot hits the target.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.