Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is no doubt in my mind this Forum has some amazing talent, not only in slingshots, but other aspects of life. Please do not read anymore into my statement or assume I’m insinuating anything other than what it says???? The members of this Forum are a huge part of my life, without all of you, I’m not sure what I would do for enjoyment. After the Veterans Day program, I had a long meditation period of being thankful for all I have, due to the support of people that have been involved in my life in one way or another. I’m even thankful for the ones who made a bad impression on me???? It’s because of them, I not only know what not to do, I know “why” not to do it. I’ve told my experience of fishing, when we used to wet the yard to collect night crawlers, then went to a creek, or pond with a cane pole. Then I bought a rod and reel to cast out farther. I then bought a boat, only to pull up close to the bank????‍♂ I often asked myself at what point would I be satisfied with my accuracy in slingshots. I finally have100% come to the answer to my question. It’s like fishing, every time I go fishing it’s as good as it gets. If I catch a big fish, I’m excited, if I catch a little fish, I’m excited. If I don’t catch any fish, I’m still excited for the opportunity to enjoy life.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Well said Tag! Getting frustrated brings no enjoyment!
Today is a day any other sane person wouldn't shoot. I am just not feeling it. Wether I hit or miss, there's just a cold feeling in me. But you know what, I don't care, I've devoted my self to slingshooting, and shoot I will!
Oh, as an added bonus, while being devoid of any sentiment is awful when shooting, it is rather beneficial, as I can actually contemplate what I am doing wrong, quite objectively!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Well said, brother!! I haven't shot in a couple weeks due to cold, wet weather and re-organizing my basement. I'll get my catch box set up in a few days, slap on some thinner bands for shooting BBs and get back to it.

I always keep my hobbies fun and never try to take any of them too serious and lose that fun factor. As you said about fishing, I've done that before and I've learned from it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
i shoot mostly for the therapy value or repetitive process of it,load,pull,sight,breath release,and repeat.some days its ten out of ten on the babyfood jar lid,other days couldn't hit the side of my house,the hits don't really matter just the *doing* is the best part.i have made a hobby into a business before and it sucked all the joy out of it,so I learned as we all do,you however have put it better than I ever could.keep on enjoying each day as it comes my friend.Gods Bless

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Tag, it is like you wrote the words of my life. My dad is exactly like that... except he down sized a few years back on his boats to a kayak. He throws it where ever he wants and man he is the quinessential fisherman/outdoorsman... says he feels God's presence more on the water or the woods than any other place and in the simple life.

I am converted to this way... cannot even remember what I was like before (except kind of a butt)... and this forum and my SSF friends are as real and real important to me as it gets in a lifetime.

I truly hope (and therefore believe) that slinging and fishing are in the next world... big time.

Now I have to go to confession over on Skropi's thread... Mo's generosity and my temptation overcome my discipline on a mono frame challenge.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Well said sir! A beautiful sentiment, and a good reminder to the rest of us. I'm probably guilty of too often valuing the destination above the journey. Any day we can be in nature and doing something we love is a good day!

Reactions: Tag and skropi
1 - 8 of 8 Posts