Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I liked this thread from another forum, so I thought I would start one here.

Today I cooked breakfast for my family, then finished planting the garden. I worked in the yard a bit as well, and used my slingshot to rehang my dipole antenna, that was taken down from the high winds a couple days ago. I killed grass around a tree where we're going to make a flower bed, but it was still a tad damp to till it yet. I cut the grass for the 2nd time this week, which now puts me back on schedule to cut every thursday. Getting ready to go fire off some rounds to end the day.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Cool me too!

8AM Wake-up and go get Coffee-deposit checks in ATM-do food shopping-stop at Bagel store for some extras-get Lottery tickets(one dollar for a dream!),stop at Bakery and get Mom a cheesecake and some flowers,drop groceries off at home-cook quick breakfast for the wife and little guys (Yorkies) and then go to Mom's house up the NJ Turnpike 40 miles-visit Mom-have cake and coffee- then get going home-plant a flat of perennials in front-then notice everyone is away visiting-TIME TO SHOOT WITHOUT GETTING BOTHERED BY NOSY NEIGHBORS!!!!!!! After awhile (shot good too!) Come in -eat supper-then computer to see Wassup! Flatband

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I cruised all day on a 1950's Chinese junk with sails, drank beer with my friends, watched the Dragon Boat races, swam with my kids and ate supper at the Top Deck of the Jumbo Floating Restaurant in Aberdeen, then finished Fork Hunter's Catapult and shot a score of lead balls through it. All in all, not a bad day.

Happy Mother's Day, BTW (we celebrated already).

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I was up a 6am. Having coffee thinking and praying about the day a bit. Did a little work on the computer before everyone else got up setting up a A+ Slingshot "swag" store...mugs, shirts etc; with our logo. Called my 80 year old Mom and wished her happy mothers day. Made more coffee and hot tea for my wife. Got her and the boys up to eat and get ready for church. The worship service on "Mothers Day" went well with a Luncheon afterward in our fellowship hall. The Pastor actually preached OK today!!

Got home and decided to take the fam to see the new Iron Man movie. It was awesome cool!!!! No slingshots, but a lot of great action. Got home about 6pm and the wife made Tacos and the fixin's for dinner. Yum, yum!!! I'm drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying a piece of left over mothers day carrot cake as I type this and check the days posts and emails.
All-in-all....a great day!!!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Interesting stories.I worked today.Wake up 4;38 start work 6 am got home late today 1;40pm cook eat then sleep, I woke up 5;15pm eat again ,online went to store, practice shooting 150 shots as usual then now online and sleep 10;00pm guess I am lazy hehe

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't do much at work today...moved some equipment i.e. bobcat, backhoe and roller. Put up some fence and that's about it. Shot about 60 to 75 shots so far today. May shoot some more before dark.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I got up @ 3:45 to wake the wife for work
.4;00 coffee, 4:30 more coffee, jump online do the email thing check the forum, Study for college, 6:45 wake the daughter, 7:30 see daughter off to school, 7:31 MORE COFFEE
, 8:00- 9:30 worked on Natural Forks, 9:30 paid bills / got new mail from post office , Didn't walk the dog ( Hehe - no dog
) Shot slingshot for 1 1/2 hour
, lunch, More homework for school, Answered the phone and explained to my daughter why she can't come home from school cuz she has a pimple
( 9 years old -major drama ) , worked on home wireless network ( installed a booster)
,M O R E CO FF EE !!!
3:00 everyone comes home and I excape to the garden area and shoot
( no one expects to find me out there seeing as though I'm in a wheelchair !) Heheee
6:00 Eat supper , Solve my step daughters problems in life ( Men, Money,and whos going to watch my child while I socialize ) . I told her that the solution was simple...... Stop socializing, save your money,watch your own child for once, and if they are REAL Men they will pick up the tab when you go out on a date.

Well , if you can't read what I did today, you can tell what I did by the emoticons,
-Scott

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I was gonna post my doin's but after reading all yours, I'm too tired.
G'night.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Man, what four cups of coffee can achieve! Imagine if you were on speed.

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Got up my better half was already up so we had coffee bout an hour she went to see the doc. My daughter got up and we had coffee turned on the idiot box half hour later I thought time to get in some target shooten went outback and it was trying to rain so thought id hit the shop and work on a frame I had layed out and it was just sitten there "1/8 inch steel plate" everything going great for bout an hour start a relief cut saw slips cuts half way through my thumb well my morning through went back inside for coffee before work boring night not much going on stayed in the office most of the night now I'm home having a 12 oz pain killer telling all you fine people abouy it.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Woke up at 4;30 AM and went to my slingshot shop and made three bent steel slingshots, got 'em polished and wrapped. Took a shower at 6:00 AM, saddled up the motorcycle and went to the newspaper. Did some mechanical repair on one of the printing units. Set-up press for Daily paper, set up insert machine to insert our shopper and ran the mail part of it. Then set up insert machine for daily paper and went to lunch at 10:30. Back from lunch at 11:00 AM and plated up the press for the daily and ran it then went into inserting room and inserted it. Re-set up insert machine for shopper city routes and got it inserted by 3:45 PM. Cleaned up and rigged press for tomorrow morning run. Took a couple of guys over to the insert folder and showed them how to run it until 5:15 PM and cleaned myself up and changed clothes and rode the bike the long slow way home to enjoy the ride. Got home called Mom in Oklahoma to tell her we were coming for a visit next week. Sat down and ate some chicken at 6:30 PM. Hung upside down on my inversion table to stretch out. Laid down to take a nap at 7:00 PM and woke up at 10:30 PM and went outside for slingshot target practice. Came in the house at 12:00 midnight and got on the computer to visit with the guys. It's now 3:30 and I'm gonna go to bed.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I never said they were " Cups" of coffee...... more like mugs ! Hehehehee. Coffee, the other picker-upper

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
"...called Mom in Oklahoma"

Smitty are you originally an Okie??? Just wondering. My wife's parents both come from Oklahoma. Lots of family still live there. We visited last Summer. They still have some homestead land and a home there as well as in Texas.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Received new ammo from royal steel ball today. I got 15# of 1/2" and shot about 100 rounds of it today. Also got another 15# box of 7/16". Another easy day at the job. Wife drove my 2003 ZR2 Chevy to work today. I got it 2 days before the Alverton tourny. The dealer I bought it from paid a local detailer to do a "smoke-out" service on it. They did a nice job. Reserved my room in Springfield, Ill for the Memorial Day Weekend, AMA Flat Track races. Looking forward to that, as I'm debuting new poker chips for some of the riders. Watching American Idol right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
found out I can't join the army in Australia (until I get my citizenship), lost my mouthguard (and so dodged going to muay thai tonight), took my fiance to work, refrained from flirting with a cute checkout girl (given that I'm spoken for), walked my extremely excitable golden retriever, and put a new marksman band on my W slingshot (seriously , I could put a .65 through a car door with this puppy). Ungh, life is good.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
"...called Mom in Oklahoma"

Smitty are you originally and Okie??? Just wondering. My wifes parents both come from Oklahoma. Lots of family still live there. We visited last Summer. They still have some homestead land and a home there as well as in Texas.
Yep, we're from Oklahoma ! Ada and Wewoka. Dairy farm and Chick Country hatchery in Wewoka on Moms' side. Still enjoy going to the farm to visit.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
McAlester and Atoka for us!!! That cool.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I grew up in Grove, OK. I now live in SE KS, but right south of me in OK is the Dewey Smith cattle ranch. Is that some of your kinfolk Smitty?

1 - 20 of 185 Posts