Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,053 Posts
Wow! Amazing technology we have out there. I can't keep up! That is plain magic!!!

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
What's wrong with it, Please help me out I'm just getting started in slingshots?
It looks like it has a tear or defect there in the center where it looks like a triangle’s been cut out on one side. You might want to replace it with a new one in case it should fail on you. Almost looks like it’s been a bit melted there or something.

Hey also just as a friendly suggestion, if you’re just starting out in slingshots you might want to place your bands on the frame in an over the top (OTT) configuration. It will help prevent fork hits and hand hits while you’re learning. You can find more information on that here in the search bar or with a YouTube search.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks like it has a tear or defect there in the center where it looks like a triangle’s been cut out on one side. You might want to replace it with a new one in case it should fail on you. Almost looks like it’s been a bit melted there or something.

Hey also just as a friendly suggestion, if you’re just starting out in slingshots you might want to place your bands on the frame in an over the top (OTT) configuration. It will help prevent fork hits and hand hits while you’re learning. You can find more information on that here in the search bar or with a YouTube search.

Thanks, I will do that, the little triangle I drew on with a Sharpie so I could easily tell if that my bands were making a "V" formation, not an "A" formation. A and V Formation simply refers to how the bands look as you look down the bands toward the fork. If they twist in, that is a V formation. If they twist out, that would be an A formation.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Thanks, I will do that, the little triangle I drew on with a Sharpie so I could easily tell if that my bands were making a "V" formation, not an "A" formation. A and V Formation simply refers to how the bands look as you look down the bands toward the fork. If they twist in, that is a V formation. If they twist out, that would be an A formation.
Ahh okay. I couldn’t quite tell what was going on by the pictures there. I’m familiar with the V and A formation and that’s a great idea marking it like that. It can be a little fiddly getting them on in the proper orientation. There’s also a method of pouch tying where you can get the bands pretty much straight, mostly eliminating the V&A. Although from what I understand a lot of it is just personal preference. Check out this video by Gamekeeper John.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.