Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The largest ball bearings I have on hand a 3/8". I saw Bill response on upping the size and WOw he was not kidding. Very controlable and they hit super hard zipping right through the soda can. All my shots so far have been at 33' into my catch box. By the way zero hand slap.

Bicycle part Finger Thumb Household hardware Tool

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Good job Jeff.

That's not a SEAL design. It's an original Ranger design in OTT only style like I made about 10 months ago. Originally it was just made in plywood/multiplex and I didn't like it that much... it fit the hand well and was accurate but the weight just didn't seem right so I only made a few before moving on to making predator style and above designs... and using G10 and other more substantial materials to make them from.

This particular one was made to fit Jeff and his particular requests as to what he wanted. He doesn't shoot through the forks, nor does he have any desire to do so.... so a simple OTT fork tip design was used. Jeff has large hands so the size of the slingshot is reflected there as well. Jeff appreciates strength and beauty so G10 and Dymondwood were used to create this custom made piece.

I of course can make these things as intricate and beautiful as you can imagine... I actually have a degree in art... but I'm always hesitant to do so as it's my desire to make something that will be used and not just displayed... if it is used and it is super artistically done then if a fork hit or something else damaging happens all it does is rips at the "heart strings".
So most of my efforts are concentrated in the actual form of the slingshot itself, to be as beautiful and functional as possible... then make it out of attractive yet tough materials... That's where materials like G10 and Dymondwood come into play.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
Good job Jeff.

That's not a SEAL design. It's an original Ranger design in OTT only style like I made about 10 months ago. Originally it was just made in plywood/multiplex and I didn't like it that much... it fit the hand well and was accurate but the weight just didn't seem right so I only made a few before moving on to making predator style and above designs... and using G10 and other more substantial materials to make them from.

This particular one was made to fit Jeff and his particular requests as to what he wanted. He doesn't shoot through the forks, nor does he have any desire to do so.... so a simple OTT fork tip design was used. Jeff has large hands so the size of the slingshot is reflected there as well. Jeff appreciates strength and beauty so G10 and Dymondwood were used to create this custom made piece.

I of course can make these things as intricate and beautiful as you can imagine... I actually have a degree in art... but I'm always hesitant to do so as it's my desire to make something that will be used and not just displayed... if it is used and it is super artistically done then if a fork hit or something else damaging happens all it does is rips at the "heart strings".
So most of my efforts are concentrated in the actual form of the slingshot itself, to be as beautiful and functional as possible... then make it out of attractive yet tough materials... That's where materials like G10 and Dymondwood come into play.
Wow. that is awesome. They ARE like artwork.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts