Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
If you are making one from a natural fork:
1. Handsaw of some kind to cut the fork off the tree/bush (folding camp saw is best)
2. Sharp knife for stripping bark and carving
3. Rasps -- half round and flat (or preferably 4-in-1) and a file [these are for shaping]
3. Round or rat tail file for making grooves for tying on elastic
4. Rotary cutter (only if you want to make your own flat bands)
5. Pair of scissors for cutting string and leather
If you are making a board cut
6. add a coping saw to cut out your pattern.

If you want a real smooth finish you can get some sandpaper, but a piece of broken glass will get you a good smooth finish (on naturals)

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
I knew a man years ago that cut down about an 8 inch tree with a pocket knife. A pocket knife will make a good slingshot if you have enough patience. I made one on vacation a few years ago for a friend with a Super Leatherman so he could shoot with me. The last time I talked to him he still had it. -- Tex

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Well if you are planning on doing a board cut, a saw,a file or two and some sand paper will do the job.
A natural, a pruning saw, a pocket knife (or sharp piece of glass in a pinch), a file and in my case a drill (comes in handy for either)...Plus whatever you are planning to use for bands...

My board cuts are beyond simple, and my naturals tend to be rustic but both do the job...

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
harpersgrace:
Well if you are planning on doing a board cut, a saw,a file or two and some sand paper will do the job.
A natural, a pruning saw, a pocket knife (or sharp piece of glass in a pinch), a file and in my case a drill (comes in handy for either)...Plus whatever you are planning to use for bands...
What about the dog, Harp? What about the dog???

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
she works solely in a supervisory role.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.