Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered two more top shots so if someone stops by and wants to shoot, I will have an easy to shoot slingshot for them. I also buy multiple other items if I find something I really like, just in case they change the pattern or material, for a new and improved design. I’m not suggesting Bill will change anything on the Top Shot, I’m just weird on certain things ok Im weird on a lot of things, but Im comfortable with it‍♂

·
Registered
605 Posts
I recently received a black Topshot. I had to order it from Pro Shot in the UK in order to get a black one! Only red and orange were available directly from PP. I tried it with looped 2040 and single 2040. I get better results with the looped. It's a fun slingshot.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I was very late the the party getting a Top Shot. In fact they were the last slingshots I bought from Pocket Predator. I already had multiple copies of almost all other shapes before I bought a Top Shot. For some reason I can't fully explain the looks just didn't do it for me. I think part of the reason it didn't appeal to me was I have been shooting exclusively flats and the duel use capability had zero appeal to me until recently. I read enough reviews from people that had it and liked it, I finally caved in and bought two black ones while they still had black in stock. Today it's out of stock in all colors. I've recently started using looped tubes a lot and tying my own from 1632, 1636 and 2040 to lengths that work for me. Now that I'm using looped tubes, this model has a lot more appeal to me. In fact I have yet to try tubes with one so that's on my to do list this week.

I expect I'll use 1632s and the slightly bigger GZK 1636s. Both are heavy enough for 3/8" steel and both make for a nice light draw. I may or may not try 2040s as power or distance is not my goal. Fun shooting is my goal and I think the smaller tube sizes would be the most fun and certainly the easiest to shoot. Now that looped tubes have entered into my shooting I'll get the duel use out of the Top Shot that makes it so appealing to many if not most that own it.

Like most Pocket Predator fans, I'm anxiously waiting to see if Bill adds more models the the molded line and if so what they are. If he does and it has any appeal to me at all I'm grabbing one or more as soon as possible.

Reactions: Tag
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.