Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the search for a frame suitable for tubes, and I am between the Torque, which can also shoot flats of course, and those chinese frames, like the x6 pom, antelope etc.
I like the looks of the torque, and its versatility, but I also like the simplicity of an antelope style frame. The only thing I don't really like with the Chinese frames is their narrow fork width, but I can potentially learn to live with it.
What would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Can't go wrong with any of the choices you listed. I always thought the side shooter design of the Torque felt a bit odd. An Antelope or X6 fits in the hand instinctively without any fiddling around. Out of my Poly Antelope, Torque, and X6 I shoot the poly antelope the most. Unfortunately the poly antelope is no longer listed on Ali Express and I am not really a fan of metal frame slingshots. Have you considered the Pocket Predator Top Shot? It can also shoot looped tubes and flats.

·
Registered
442 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I've got a steel antelope and an X6 POM on the way. I've found they fit in the hand really comfortably, and haven't had any issues with consistency. I was originally worried they looped rings would lead to inconsistent band placement when I drew back. Hasn't been the case though. The fork width has never been an issue for me either, at least in terms of fork hits. I shoot gangster and anchor at my ear lobe. I tend to hold the top fork well under my targets, so it's semi instinctual. Wider forks might allow you to aim a little more on point. I can't speak for the Torque, but I've not had great comfort holding the asymmetrical frames. Loved to try one though.

Reactions: KawKan

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Topshot is an AMAZING frame, unfortunately I can only shoot my custom one, as the production topshots have a narrower fork width than I prefer.
Now the poly ranger...this is the perfect frame for me, and one I will be adding in my collection in the future, for now, a torque is coming my way ????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts