Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
I’ve been eying those little glow sticks you can purchase for fishing bobbers. Mostly because I want to see what they look like launched out of my slingshot . I guess it depends how bright they get, but I don’t see why you couldn’t apply them to your blowgun darts as well. They just wouldn’t be permanent.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ve been eying those little glow sticks you can purchase for fishing bobbers. Mostly because I want to see what they look like launched out of my slingshot . I guess it depends how bright they get, but I don’t see why you couldn’t apply them to your blowgun darts as well. They just wouldn’t be permanent.
I actually wanted those fishing lights, but could never find them over here. Only can get these cheap led arrow nocks, have to improvise! And these arrow nocks even work better than fishing lights, it has a ridge to secure the cone as a bonus!

The Hdpe cone diffuses the light and amplifies it, so they look like laser beams in the dark! Love these babies, almost lost them out there multiple times while filming, dissappeared in thick grass, fell into drain 2 times 😌

I'm figuring how to make similar projectiles for slingshots ☠

·
Registered
509 Posts
I actually wanted those fishing lights, but could never find them over here. Only can get these cheap led arrow nocks, have to improvise! And these arrow nocks even work better than fishing lights, it has a ridge to secure the cone as a bonus!

The Hdpe cone diffuses the light and amplifies it, so they look like laser beams in the dark! Love these babies, almost lost them out there multiple times while filming, dissappeared in thick grass, fell into drain 2 times 😌
Agreed, they are really freaking cool! I watched the video about 6 times lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh my apologies, my phone is so small I couldn’t see the difference between the flag icons. I thought you were here in the states.
Hah! That flag looks similar in our tiny smartphone screen!

I've actually considered those glowing sticks after failing to get bobber lights. But realized those are consumables, I won't be shooting for a long period and the light is not strong enough. Which later lead me to LED arrow nocks!

These lights you only need to change batteries!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, thank you:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts