Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
One of those trades with huge wow factor. Outstanding work, Shane (@Island Made). No words, man. The rest of you can see for yourselves.

20191025_170029.jpg 20191025_170038.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hey Dan, I'm the proud owner of two of Shane's slingshots. You had the same look on your face as I did when I unpacked them! And you said the same thing I did about the second one when I got it in my hand! It fits the hand well, doesn't it? Wait until you shoot 'em (if you haven't already!). Good going both of you!

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Just don't handle them without gloves!! That's some shiny goodness, right there!!
I wonder if you could wipe them down really good, then put a clear coat or four of spray poly to retain the shine and protect the metal
I thought about that. But I'm no good with clear coat lol. I always find it feels tacky when my hands get sweaty. But definitely something to look into. Once they've been polished one. There real easy to bring back. 30 seconds on a rag wheel. Or some brasso or any type of metal polish and a rag with some elbow grease they'll shine right back up

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Wow. I wanna say that Island Made needs a Makers Mark. However, just like the Stealth Shot, these slings scream their creators name. Thanks for joining the forum I.M....!!
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you guys for the warm welcome to this wonderful forum!!

I do have a makers mark for my knife making, still trying to figure out how to incorporate that into the slingshots discretely.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the complements, lurking for a long time on here I knew this was an amazing place, but now being apart of this it is way more than I could have ever thought!! There is no place in the world where there's people more generous and kind.

Thanks to everyone, and special thanks to Dan Hood for the amazing trade

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Ditto! We often use the "kid at Christmas" analogy. Dan's expression exemplifies it! Fantastic designs and excellent fit and finish. Great trade.
Wow. I wanna say that Island Made needs a Makers Mark. However, just like the Stealth Shot, these slings scream their creators name. Thanks for joining the forum I.M....!!
I do have a makers mark for my knife making, still trying to figure out how to incorporate that into the slingshots discretely.
Look at him sitting in our space quietly and never once mentioning he makes knives until now. LOL. You're going to get really busy all of a sudden.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Ditto! We often use the "kid at Christmas" analogy. Dan's expression exemplifies it! Fantastic designs and excellent fit and finish. Great trade.
Look at him sitting in our space quietly and never once mentioning he makes knives until now. LOL. Your going to get really busy all of a sudden.
I can see a line forming for the slings let alone knives as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts