Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that haven't seen the thread in the hunting section, I would like to inform everyone that we're trying to orginize a pair of traveling slingshots. One for hunting, and one for target/trick shooting. Nathan Masters (flippinout slingshots) will be donating a pair for the journey around the world.

Each person will have two weeks and no more to shoot the slingshot, and then the person will send it off to the next person and so on. This is based on an honor system so if you dont want to pay to ship it to the next person please do not request the slingshot. Hopefully everyone will cooperate and the two slingshots will travel all over the world and make for some interesting reads and pictures.

A thread for each slingshot will be started for people to post their experiences, pictures and videos. Please do not post individual threads. It should all be under one thread to keep it orginized. The target shooting thread will be posted in the General Forum and the hunting reports thread will obviously be posted in the Hunting Forum.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions now is the time to let us know.

Brad Hasty

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
All sounds good so far, but we do need an official organizer/cat herder!

The organizer would be responsible for enforcing the few rules necessary: ie. two weeks per user, start date, end date, what to do with the slingshot once it is over. I think for simplicity and temporal convenience that it should be 2 weeks per person with maxiumum of 6 people per slingshot. To add more will require focused participation for possibly too long amongst followers and participants.

Just my ideas! I am offering one Omega and One Axiom model from my series. Perhaps there could be exchange between hunters and target shooters during the event so hunters and target shooters each get to try the slingshots, or not!

Let's try to keep this thing simple for all involved and we will all get more enjoyment out of it.

And we need to decide what becomes of the slingshots. I vote that they be auctioned or purchased and proceeds go to support Slingshot Forums.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
thats a great idea nathan, sell it at the end and give the money to the forum
i would love to be involved in this, especialy the hunting one, i'm pretty sure i would have either a rabbit / duck / or pigeon kill on tape with in 2 weeks

i think it would be a good idea 2 send a spare set of bands around with it too, bands can break at any time and if the peron who it breaks on hasn't got any or the person they must ship to next hasn't it could take a long time to get it shooting again,

also how about all the people that use it sign it? then just before auction put a nice coat of polly or somthing on it? it would be great if a few of the hunters on the forum could get a kill with it and then sign it, man that frame would be priceless to the rigth person, --gamekeeper john

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
thats a great idea nathan, sell it at the end and give the money to the forum
i would love to be involved in this, especialy the hunting one, i'm pretty sure i would have either a rabbit / duck / or pigeon kill on tape with in 2 weeks

i think it would be a good idea 2 send a spare set of bands around with it too, bands can break at any time and if the peron who it breaks on hasn't got any or the person they must ship to next hasn't it could take a long time to get it shooting again,

also how about all the people that use it sign it? then just before auction put a nice coat of polly or somthing on it? it would be great if a few of the hunters on the forum could get a kill with it and then sign it, man that frame would be priceless to the rigth person, --gamekeeper john
Great idea John!

I will supply the each frame with an extra bandset. Each participant should sign the frame with an indelible marker like a "Sharpie". Before it is sold, they come back to me and I will seal the signatures with a final finish and then auction them off to support the forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the idea of them being auctioned off for the benefit of the forum as well. So far there have been a few interested in the traveling hunting slingshot but I'm not getting much attention from the target/trick shooters yet. Lets hear it guys and gals, does anyone want to participate in the traveling slingshots or not!?! "Bj000" and "slingshotsrule" have volunteered to keep up with everything. All we need is some folks who want to try out some killer slingshots.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moderators could we please have this thread kept at the top for a short while to help get more folks involved in our effort to not only start a neat program but also to help benefit the forum?

If anyone would like to be a part of the "Traveling Slingshots" please PM flippinout or myself for more information. You never know who or where these slingshots may come from or go to next, and the stories behind them.

Brad

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
wouldn't it be cool if everyone on this forum to carve their signature on ONE slingshot? doesn't have to be 2 weeks per person just pass it on whenever you feel like

it will have to be a pretty big one...

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
how about ....
we do a PREORDER project, everyone sign up and pay a deposit
then we send the slingshot to be hand-carved by everyone then finally when it's full of signatures

have someone cast it so we each get one ahahha, i'm so down for that

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I would love to participate in this, however due to time restraints lately I am not sure if I could even shoot it in the two weeks I had it. For those who have extra time APPRECIATE IT!!! Although I love the idea of this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.