Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tree Man was so generous to send me a olive wood slingshot as a celerbration for getting over cancer! I am blessed to have such an Awesome group here to support and encourage me in this long 8 month journey. I will always have a special place in heart for very everyone here who was here for me. On to the review...

So this little beauty has 85mm fork width, and I have been using a 98mm fork width for over a year exslusively. I wasn't sure how this would work...10 minute into shooting and I had found my anchor point and was hitting my 25mm bouncey ball and my 30mm spinner dead on!! I will need some more practice to get comfortable with shooting it...but is feels Great in my hand and is a dead shot! He even gave me tube tabs and a length of tubes if I want to go that way...but I think I will keep this for bands.

Thanks again Tree Man...you ROCK!!

It has been a month since my last chemo treatment!! I am doing better...not great, but definally better. The only side effects I still have is feeling tired and numbness in my hands and feet....a very common side effect that will be gone in the next few months. Shooting a slingshot daily it is always a ? if I will be able to feel the pouch to release at the right time?? There are days when I can can only hit 1 out of 10 even on a big 50mm spinner.Then the next day the numbness will be almost gone and I can hit everything I shoot at (those are the BEST days). Lucky for me I was having a good day when Tree Man's slingshot arrived and I got to find my anchor point quickly and have some fun shooting after. On a huge positive my pinch grip on the pouch is getting stronger. My thumb muscle is good for almost 30 shots (at 8 pounds draw weight) before it is in agony...up from 10 shot a couple of weeks ago. So even if I only hit 1 out of 10 I am still getting my grip back up to strength.

I am heading into the mountains to some natural hot springs this Saturday for 8 days!!!!!!!! All I have to do is hike an hour up the mountain to get there everything day. I will be using my blowgun staff to help me make it up and as many rests as I need. This has been my focus over the last 6 months...to get to the top of my favorate place in Colorado...then soak all day in the natural springs!!

Another great hobby I have found is Blowguns...if I can't feel the pouch I can always shoot stun darts into my catchbox to get my fix....I love both the blowgun and slingshot almost equally. It has been a god sent to be able to sit in a chair and blow when I was having rough days during chemo.

Thats my update....Blessings all and I hope everyone is having a Fantastic week!!!

Vince
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes it is a beautiful slingshot and I'm already finding it shoots very well. Very comfortable and works great with my bands.

And yes I will be bringing my slingshots, and my blowgun and hope to get a little bit of practice in everyday, but my focus will be getting up the mountain and relaxing. I have a nice little collapsible catch box that will do the trick for some morning shooting!

And thanks again everyone for the awesome support and the kind words.!!

Cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.