Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man it didn't end up working out unfortunately. I was shaping the handle and the birch plywood had spot with no wood. On one side it looked great the other looked like there was no core.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Bro get yourself some good ply . At Home Depot u get 6mm or 10mm or 18mm they have it cut in 2x4 pieces pretty cheap and you made a ton of frames . Look my ply has way more layers than stuff you used. Not hacking on you sir just trying help you out 😁
Hand Plant Finger Terrestrial plant Wood

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bro get yourself some good ply . At Home Depot u get 6mm or 10mm or 18mm they have it cut in 2x4 pieces pretty cheap and you made a ton of frames . Look my ply has way more layers than stuff you used. Not hacking on you sir just trying help you out 😁 View attachment 355137
That would have been a good heads up about a week ago lol

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll keep that in mind for the next time. All I know is I have tons of wood to make about 30 little stubby frames like that first one I posted. I just made another last night lol. Idk what it is about this little thing but it's now my every day shooter.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
That would have been a good heads up about a week ago lol
Dude don’t get discouraged man trust me on this your going to have frames not go the way you hope and it’s no big deal . Just need get the proper materials. I made a whole 2x4 piece of 3/4 birch ply of frames to big lol hey just because a template has measurements don’t mean you have do it that way . Ask me how I know

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude don’t get discouraged man trust me on this your going to have frames not go the way you hope and it’s no big deal . Just need get the proper materials. I made a whole 2x4 piece of 3/4 birch ply of frames to big lol hey just because a template has measurements don’t mean you have do it that way . Ask me how I know
Never brother it's all a learning experience. I'll have more knowledge next time I try to tackle a cored frame lol and maybe just maybe I'll get it right haha 😂

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.