Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of getting my stuff together for a little shooting tomorrow ... I made bands from #32 generic rubber bands and have some Sterling #64's coming today. I used 3x3's on the 32's and will do the same on the 64's, but I may use 4x3's on the 64's also and see how that goes.

I don't know if they will have the poop of 1842 or 1745 shooting 1/2" steel, but we will see. They will probably set marbles flying at a pretty good clip I would imagine, and small size steel should fly pretty good also ;- )

My draw is ~32" and I try to keep my static elastic length between 6.25" - 6.75", or as close as I can to 6.5".

wll

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
wll - I shoot 3/8 steel and 5/8 marbles. I shoot paper targets that I tape onto cardboard. 64's are fairly sturdy rubber bands. Braiding involves folding each one in half, so I rarely use more than 1 rubber band for each braid section. I typically string 5 rubber bands per side and attach it to the forks with a gypsy tab. Like you, I enjoy wire frames, especially my Trumark WS-1 and FSX 2000. This is plenty of power for targets.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Blue Raja, That is so simple it is genius. Like looped single chains with 5 in a row?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yikes - MP! Just took a look at my reply. Not sure where the French came from - although I was using google translate earlier today to peruse YShoot.com

In any event - I think it says:

Exactly, here are some braided #64 rubber bands on a modified Trumark WS-1. Note the built up handle and the purple paracord gypsy tabs with just a bit of flair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts