Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Mainly an OTT and PFS Shooter
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my latest creation. Here's a PFS-style natty I made out of an unknown deadwood I picked up at the woods near my work.

My last nattys were very raw, following the classic Y-shape. This time, I tried to get fancy with the contours and the shaping.
Hand Plant Tree Gesture Finger

I ended up with a PFS-style catty (yes, the gap is too wide to be a proper PFS), with a carved palm swell and neck. The natural angle of the fork makes it really comfy for a thumb-supported grip in the gangster position. I dug deep into the wood this time, but still tried to preserve as much of the natural shape as I can. What do you think?
Plant Wood Gesture Thumb Tree

The bare fork was pretty hefty when I started out. I forgot to take a picture with the bark on, but this is what it looked like debarked in the middle of the microwave drying process:
Wood Natural material Font Fashion accessory Symbol

·
Ray Rowden
2,584 Posts
Looks real nice. I bet that little waist you added bumps the comfort level up, too!
Speaking of bumps, You may have to pare down the bump on the inside of the top fork if it your band attachment tends to slip. Or add grooves. Or both!
Have fun shooting!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks real nice. I bet that little waist you added bumps the comfort level up, too!
Speaking of bumps, You may have to pare down the bump on the inside of the top fork if it your band attachment tends to slip. Or add grooves. Or both!
Have fun shooting!
Thanks! Good eye catching that bump on the inside of the fork. I should sort that out :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shaved off a bit of the bump inside the fork, waxed, and banded'er up! I used natural latex and a leather pouch.

Do y'all think I should redo the finish with lacquer or cyanoacrylate, or should I keep the simple waxed finish?
Hand Finger Gesture Carnivore Thumb
also, my cat was just in the picture. He was NOT taken with the slingshot, if it looks that way.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Shaved off a bit of the bump inside the fork, waxed, and banded'er up! I used natural latex and a leather pouch.

Do y'all think I should redo the finish with lacquer or cyanoacrylate, or should I keep the simple waxed finish?
View attachment 355615 also, my cat was just in the picture. He was NOT taken with the slingshot, if it looks that way.
I say it’s all on you about finishing 🤷‍♂️ If you like it now fly with it looks good from here . You could shoot it for awhile than make the executive decision. Hey after a bit of shooting you might want tweak something

1 - 11 of 11 Posts