Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a wasp spinner in the post this morning with a few other bits and bobs. It's a sort of rubbery material and quite flexible. To be honest I thought these were for the plastic ammo they sell so I thought I'd smash it with some 9.5mm (3/8) steel to see what would happen. It turns out these are SOLID, I'm going to have to up the rubber and up the ammo weight and see if I can get anywhere! It's my first time shooting OTT after nearly a year of strictly TTF shooting, I'm pretty pleased with my shooting and I had a blast ! Shots from 10m (33ft) with a gamekeeper Chunky milbro mk1 and bsb .62 15-20mm at a 34inch draw.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
They are great spinners. I had some of the older batches, and they last a month or two (3/8 steel & marbles). They crack at the top and time for a new one.

The newer versions just won't quit though! I'm at around 4 months now and it still looks to last another couple. Out of town this weekend so no pictures, but I'll try to remember to follow up.

The string is actually starting wearing through and looks like that will be the failure point eventually. If I put a knot in the string on either side, these would probably last even longer.

Can't say enough good things about the newer version.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk. Please forgive any typos.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It sounds like I've got my work cut out for me. I've absolutely hammered it today, ripped through a fresh set of bands and put blisters on my pouch fingers ! I won't be beaten though, I've got some 1mm gzk knocking about and some 11mm lead on its way, we'll soon see what it thinks of that!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
And I remembered to follow up :)

Here's mine after around 4 months, and thousands of hits with 3/8 steel and marbles (and coincidentally many more misses!). Almost appears as new, just some scuffing and a little more concave.

qdNkkc8.jpg

And here's what I meant about the string eating through it before the ammo will get the chance. Love these spinners!

QGy3itF.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts