Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting with tubes lately. These tubes I am using I like a lot for target shooting. With them, I finally got my Dankung under control.
Okay, so I have been looking at Harpersgrace's slingshots, and Smitty's recent post, and I thought I'd like to try a setup like theirs. So I modified an old shooter and made it approx. the size of my Dankung and here's what I came up with:

I shot with it for about 1/2 hour and was able to shoot almost as well as I did this morning with my Jungle Hunter.
I think I like this little plinker.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Don't worry Dayhiker, if they give you any crap we'll take our little tubes and shoot them in the butt, they'll never know what hit them.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry Dayhiker, if they give you any crap we'll take our little tubes and shoot them in the butt, they'll never know what hit them.
I have plenty of flatband setups, Harper, and these tubes are fun to shoot with too!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I really like your new slingshot. I would like to start putting some leather on some of my handles the way you used the paracord. I have one from Baumstamm with a leather wrapped handle.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it feels good Smitty. And thanks. I have some leather, but I'm just waiting for the right fork to use it on.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Hey guys, I still shoot tubes once and awhile. My favorites are RRT's by Trumark. Those thin Chinese tubes are pretty nice too.I'll shoot anything that stretches. When I was a kid ,I cut up a pair of (I thought old) galoshes my father had. I got my butt kicked for that (who knew?),but did have some strong rubber for a slingshot I made - and man it lasted too! A lot longer the the welts on my butt did!!!! Flatband

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, I still shoot tubes once and awhile. My favorites are RRT's by Trumark. Those thin Chinese tubes are pretty nice too.I'll shoot anything that stretches. When I was a kid ,I cut up a pair of (I thought old) galoshes my father had. I got my butt kicked for that (who knew?),but did have some strong rubber for a slingshot I made - and man it lasted too! A lot longer the the welts on my butt did!!!! Flatband
Hey, Flatband. Those RRT's by Trumark are great. And you can hunt with them too. I killed a large rabbit last week with them. Head shot, instant kill.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thats a nice little setup DH. I like the red tubes to.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That's a nice little slingshot. I also shoot chinese tubes from time to time. Flatbands have a better performance, but the tubes last long and are so easy to cut. I actually think about rigging my tournament slingshot with chinese tube - it is all I need for knocking down a plate at 10 meter distance.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Love the chinese 1745* tubes and pocket shooters I use jacket leather to make up the pouches,they work just as well as the rawhide leather for accuracy and distance drawing to the cheek both performed the same,covering a distance of 300ft and for a fraction of the cost of rawhide.Here are some pictures as you can see there is quite alot of the jacket left the life span of one pouch I tested was around 1500 shots,I think thats a very good lifespan for jacket leather,Nice pocket shooter you have their.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice pics, Hawk. What's the I.D. and O.D. of the tubes you use? I'm not familiar with the way the chinese tubes are sized (1745 is Greek to me
).

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
1745* the 17 is 1.7mm inside diameter & the 45 is 4.5mm outside diameter of the tubes these are a strong tube & require good arm strength the 2040* is 2.0mm inside diameter & the 4.0mm is outside diameter a much weaker tube very easy to draw.

G

·
Love the chinese 1745* tubes and pocket shooters I use jacket leather to make up the pouches,they work just as well as the rawhide leather for accuracy and distance drawing to the cheek both performed the same,covering a distance of 300ft and for a fraction of the cost of rawhide.Here are some pictures as you can see there is quite alot of the jacket left the life span of one pouch I tested was around 1500 shots,I think thats a very good lifespan for jacket leather,Nice pocket shooter you have their.
are you using ball-in-tube slingshot?i saw your tube sets with this style.if it is so,maybe more rubber cover on the ball parts of the tube for protection,

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Yes a 4mm bearing fits in the tube and a another peice of tubing fits over the top it is very strong & secure.I also use a peice of tubing to attatch the tubes to the pouch I find it a much safer option,when the tube is stretched the smaller peice of tube shrinks with it remaining tight at all times,and it does not cut into the tube as twine can do shortening tube life.

G

·
protection way of the tube in ears

p.s. please try to find stainless 4mm ball instead of steel ball which will rust in the tube soon,if it rust and will cut your tube very quickly and meanwhile maybe scratch your slingshot ears later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I see you take the tube all the way through the ear for better protection I will see what I can do got a couple of days off at the end of the week thanks Danny.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for straightening me out on the chinese system, Hawk.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Hey Bill ,did you try the Trumark RRT's?. Very nice and smooth. I cut mine when taken out of the pack and re-tie them. I've found that the hole is a little ragged sometimes and the bands will tear after not too many shots. They are really good though (for tubes that is!) Flatband

1 - 20 of 28 Posts