Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot bands TTF. I get occasional fork hits, either bad fork hold or poor pouch release. I guess i get 2 or 3 hits in 100.

Understandably OTT shooters will hardly ever get a fork hit but they will get band to hand slap.

If you shoot bands TTF, how many accidental fork hits do you get?

In the main i shoot wasp uniphoxx, sometimes the wasp wolf.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I shoot bands TTF. I get occasional fork hits, either bad fork hold or poor pouch release. I guess i get 2 or 3 hits in 100.

Understandably OTT shooters will hardly ever get a fork hit but they will get band to hand slap.

If you shoot bands TTF, how many accidental fork hits do you get?

In the main i shoot wasp uniphoxx, sometimes the wasp wolf.

Cheers
I think OTT shooters also get fork hits.

Fork hits are usually caused by poor pouch release or as Joe mentioned canting the frame.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I shoot ttf all the time and rarely get a fork hit, infact probably never. I think it is as you say poor pouch release but also make sure you have an excellent band set on there as I've found a long time ago a narrow fork gapped ttf frame and a band set that's say just a few mm longer than the other side could well send ammo straight to the fork.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't shoot TTF at all anymore, but when I did found the fork hits disturbing to say the least. When I shortened the bands and bought my anchor point forward things improved, but I prefer a longer draw so gave TTF away. All the same I've just totally destroyed my favourite OTT frame for full butterfly with a fork hit. Get a bit too casual and bad things happen

Consistent form will go a long way to a cure, but I've also seen Game Keeper Johns personal PPMG and it's as cratered as the moon!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't allow FH's or HH's, nor will I utter their names. I am Samurai born and have trained myself only to see the impact of projectile against target.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Samurai born.... Hai, ganbarimasu!

And there's the point, you've put the hours or training in. That's a path i am on, minus the samurai bit ;-)

I don't shoot TTF at all anymore, but when I did found the fork hits disturbing to say the least. When I shortened the bands and bought my anchor point forward things improved, but I prefer a longer draw so gave TTF away. All the same I've just totally destroyed my favourite OTT frame for full butterfly with a fork hit. Get a bit too casual and bad things happen

Consistent form will go a long way to a cure, but I've also seen Game Keeper Johns personal PPMG and it's as cratered as the moon!
Yeh i have seen Johns fork too and it's had a few knocks.

I only started catty shooting a few months ago and have come a long way since then. Usually now when i get a fork hit i can work out why. Early on i was getting hits due to overstretching bands, that may sound odd but it's true. I have since chnged band brand and the cut i use. Now any fork hits are down to pouch or fork hold. Practice i guess, and i'm getting there. Around 150 shot last night and 1 fork hit, that one was due to fork allignment.

Thankfully the Wasp slingshots are cheap an are designed to take the odd knock - perfect for novice like me.

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
I don't allow FH's or HH's, nor will I utter their names. I am Samurai born and have trained myself only to see the impact of projectile against target.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Ok Mr Mo, lets get back on our medication. hahahaha.

Remember Blaze, hold only the ammo. If you get out in front of it bad things happen.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've probably had a handful of ttf fork hits, nothing like 1 out of 100 though...

The one that stands out in my memory happened while I was shooting 1" marbles through a plywood Wham-O copy with 107's. Knocked half a fork clean off. :aahhhh: I don't think I gave myself enough margin of error between the fork gap and ammo size for my skill level.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Dont worry, I never get a fork hit when shooting ttf fixed anchor, but now that I am learning how to properly shoot 3/4 butterfly, I get some fork hits everyday, shooting.....OTT! Dont worry too much, wear eye protection and really be careful of pouch hold.

Reactions: Blaze

·
Registered
106 Posts
When i started I had regular fork hits. However I have not had a fork hit in months (knock wood). I put it down to getting the correct band length that suits you, regular practice and not rushing the shot to ensure that correct form is maintained.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts