Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always attached my tubes to tabs and then attached the tabs to the frame. I've seen a lot of tab setups where the tabs are very solidly (semi permanently) attached to the frame, so I'm thinking the tubes are attached while the tabs are in place on the frame. Seems like that would be a bit fidgety to me. Just curious if anyone uses the latter method?

·
Registered
605 Posts
If possible I choose to anchor my tabs to the frame. I will keep a second or third identical set on hand if I either have a tube/band break or I want to change calibers. I also think that I enhance my accuracy this way because my wrap-n-tie still feels a little fumbly. View attachment 376693 View attachment 376694
Oh boy!
That looks real nice.
Good thinking for quick changeouts.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If possible I choose to anchor my tabs to the frame. I will keep a second or third identical set on hand if I either have a tube/band break or I want to change calibers. I also think that I enhance my accuracy this way because my wrap-n-tie still feels a little fumbly. View attachment 376693 View attachment 376694
Super nice frame. Looks like it means business.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If possible I choose to anchor my tabs to the frame. I will keep a second or third identical set on hand if I either have a tube/band break or I want to change calibers. I also think that I enhance my accuracy this way because my wrap-n-tie still feels a little fumbly.

I have a similar setup on a few of my frames.

·
Mojave Mo
5,481 Posts
Super nice frame. Looks like it means business.
For me about as simple as I can get. The Chalice design is definitely a no-nonsense design. Tabs and tubes aren’t the favorite of the younger generation of shooters. The real old dogs live by wrap-n-tuck, followed by tabs-n-tubes and flats.

·
Mojave Mo
5,481 Posts
What I really like are the WHY?? conversations regarding using tabs of any type. I just cannot answer that question. I have convinced myself that they are quieter and are more forgiving in regards to accuracy and band/tube life. But honestly getting a firm consensus on the ‘why’ often leads to dramatic debates!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice and a smart idea!
Any speed loss with the use of tabs?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts