Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I hope I am understanding the question. Not all tubes will fit on a wire frame slingshot. My experience has been that the tube has to have an inside diameter of at least 1/8" to fit on a 1/4" wire frame. It will be a tight fit but using alcohol as a lubricant an 1/8" tube will work. You must let the alcohol evaporate several hours before shooting.

1632 and other small tubes will not fit. People have forced 2040 tubes on wire frames but I have not been able to it.

There are other ways to attach smaller tubes and even flatbands to 1/4" wire frames. Here is a link to video showing how I do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope I am understanding the question. Not all tubes will fit on a wire frame slingshot. My experience has been that the tube has to have an inside diameter of at least 1/8" to fit on a 1/4" wire frame. It will be a tight fit but using alcohol as a lubricant an 1/8" tube will work. You must let the alcohol evaporate several hours before shooting.

1632 and other small tubes will not fit. People have forced 2040 tubes on wire frames but I have not been able to it.

There are other ways to attach smaller tubes and even flatbands to 1/4" wire frames. Here is a link to video showing how I do it.

Hi there,
I have a wire frame witch is 6 mm.
Wat woud be the smallest size I would get on it with a tube outside diameter is now 8 mm.
Thank u.
Richard
0b8752b1aa9251475b0509b425934028.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
You can always tie a pair of leather tabs or small paracord loops to the forks to fasten skinny tubes to your Barnett. You could even tie skinny tubes directly on top of the forks rather than slip them on the ends. Flatbands can be tied on as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts