Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some lengths of black rubber tube about 4mm in diameter with a small hole through the middle on ebay and would like to get some more but can't find the seller or the type of tube i bought. Anyone know the what 4mm black rubber tube is called, is it something like 1742, cant remember the tube coding sizes. Its perfect for my slingshots but need to renew the tubing and to make more but the tubing has started to go sticky for some reason i think it may be a chemical like cellulose thinner or a thinners or even petrol evaporating in the shed i keep the slingshots in.

I have coated the bands with talc powder which has protected them but the bits that have no talc have turned sticky.

·
See The Target
21,953 Posts
The ammo weight and desired application will determine the optimal tube . Don't store the tubes in the same room as the petrol ! A sealed container inside the house will serve you better . When I'm not shooting a already banded slingshot I store it in a old empty cookie tin . Provides airtight protection from environment and UV rays .

·
Registered
612 Posts
The popular tubing sized go 1632, 2040, 1842, and 1745, in ascending order by size. There are larger and smaller ones but these are the most popular sizes sold by Dankung (the manufacturer). You can also get them from Simple Shot.

The measurements are based on the inner and outer diameter of the tubes. So 1.6mm inner and 3.2 outer for 1632, and so on. Hope this helps.

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
If your tubes are 4mm outside diameter then they are probably 2040 which is 2mm inside and 4mm outside I do believe :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought some lengths of black rubber tube about 4mm in diameter with a small hole through the middle on ebay and would like to get some more but can't find the seller or the type of tube i bought. Anyone know the what 4mm black rubber tube is called, is it something like 1742, cant remember the tube coding sizes. Its perfect for my slingshots but need to renew the tubing and to make more but the tubing has started to go sticky for some reason i think it may be a chemical like cellulose thinner or a thinners or even petrol evaporating in the shed i keep the slingshots in.

I have coated the bands with talc powder which has protected them but the bits that have no talc have turned sticky.
We get natural Rubber Tubing from [Kent Elastomer in Kent,Ohio] they have many sizes !! My favorite 3/16 x 3/32 !!WS

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
The popular tubing sized go 1632, 2040, 1842, and 1745, in ascending order by size. There are larger and smaller ones but these are the most popular sizes sold by Dankung (the manufacturer). You can also get them from Simple Shot.

The measurements are based on the inner and outer diameter of the tubes. So 1.6mm inner and 3.2 outer for 1632, and so on. Hope this helps.
Aha,I wondered about the numerology on the bands, Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
612 Posts

Aha,I wondered about the numerology on the bands, Thanks for the info.
Sure thing. For future reference there's a dedicated Bands and Tubes section of the forum for posts like this. There's also a pinned post there that has a handy diagram of the tubing sizes we're talking about. Also use the search function for a few discussions about what sizes are good for different ammo sizes. Have fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.