Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i like a light pull and am making a pfs out of 1cm thick cutting board, i am getting tubes and right now 2040 is the cheapest for me but i was wondering if 2 2040 tubes per side would be too heavy, and i heard that a single 2040 is way to light, could you guys please shed some light on this, thanks a lot
-Pea

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Have tried both looping 2040 tubes and two straight tubes per fork and the result are not consistent, well they were not for me. One per fork at 8 inches from pouch tie to fork worked best for me. For me single 2040 is fine for shooting 5/16 steel ball, 1/2 inch tracer marbles, 1/4 inch steel ball but not so good for BBs or anything else. The 1842 is still a light pull and you can shoot more with it the 2040 is disappointing on many levels but it is till a good choice if you want very light pull and don't mind being limited with it. Tubes do last way way longer than flatbands but for stability and greater control more consistent hits it is flatbands hands down.

· Registered
366 Posts
Forgot to add. I use chained #64 bands on mine and it is what is on the Avatar. One word of advice, when you are shooting the PFS for the first time get into pfshooter's You Tube vids and stick your nose in the instructions and stay there until you fully understand how to shoot this thing. If this your first one I think I would recommend you use a leather glove on the sling shot hand just to be safe. Also the weaker bands in the beginning will be easier to control and won't do any damage on messed up shots.

· Registered
399 Posts
4 strands of 2040 won't work for u.. u said u want light pull, i would go for 2 short strands of 1745 or just wat Dgui said ( he is the PFS master here, not me
).
And yah, i am shooting a PFS, and i can tell u that its way more comfy to shoot it with flatbands

· Registered
399 Posts
so 107s r better on pfs's than chains, and also how fast do 107s shoot, i mean they seem pretty weak
Exacly, in my opinion, u dont need more than 1 band of #107 on each side. and dont chain them up, it would just be a waste, and it wont give u the best results.

Best results, in my opinion, will be given to u by, as i said before, 1 x 107# rubber band on each side of the PFS.

Those bands are really good!. they are cheap and very comfy to use/pull, very easy to attach, almost no hand slaps,and they have a very nice power also!

For example, i took little stones from the ground (not even close to be round-shaped) and i shoot some coke cans from lets say 5-6 meters away.. and it just EASILY penetrated it from both sides!, i didnt even have to pull it to the max.

And i shot them around 1000 shots before they broke, and i was more than stisfied with them.

I highly recommed u those bands, and i think it will fit great to a PFS.

· Registered
2,950 Posts
If you're planning on using rubber bands whether chained or 107's remember they are very different in quality from one maker to another, some are pure gum rubber some are not, make sure of what you are buying or you might be disappointed. I have used 107's for quite awhile on some of my naturals they are fine for heavy projectiles at short to medium range, but dont expect them to measure up to TB or latex like Tex sells..

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i know harpers, and im getting the kind that they recommend allience sterling brand, i understand thou because all i have been using is crappy tube, but i made a very weak chain and i am impressed with rubber bands, i mean most rocks i use are quite small, i am not in need of more power because i only target shoot and i am limited in space

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.