Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Ray Rowden
Hey, check the clips and forks for any rough edges.

Then check the tubes for durability. I recently got a batch of tubing that I could nick with my thumbnail - and it's not all that sharp. Thought about relegating the tubes to band ties, and finally gave up and trashed them.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only one side is snapping, I will go over the edges very carefully and check for any rough spots. What are tube savers exactly? Thanks for all the responses guys I usually get the help I need from this forum when I'm at a standstill

Super Moderator
On some frames (even smooth ones) tubes can wear extremely quickly as they rub over the edge of the fork. Slipping tube over the end section that gets attached by the clip will help protect the active tube.

The other option is to attach a small loop of paracord and creat a gypsy tab - attach the rubber directly to the loop. This is the way i'd go. Tubes should last for a few 1000 shots.

See here - Mark shows - tube protectors, as well as leather and paracord gypsy tab attachment with clips on his Slant. See Slant v1.2

http://seljanslingshots.com

SLING-N-SHOT
Maybe you could run some tube savers over the actual tubes ?
This has happened before, and I'm once again in the dark. What are tube savers?
Nothing more than a larger section of another tube ( like Theraband blue/black) that you slide over the ends of your active tubes at the fork attachment spot......just a protective sleeve or cuff for your main bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Nothing more than a larger section of another tube ( like Theraband blue/black) that you slide over the ends of your active tubes at the fork attachment spot......just a protective sleeve or cuff for your main bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha ks brother I will be trying this out. I have some extra tube sets for the Daisy f16 that will work I think as tube savers

Registered
Aha! I wasn't expecting anything this simple, logical or inexpensive. This sounds like a great idea for tube lifespan extension. Coincidentally, I just ordered the PP Taurus Trio three-frame set ten minutes ago. I'll definitely try this idea out on my new PP Taurus Tube Shooter as soon as it gets to me. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.